“just awful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“just awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had been here previously as we visited September 2011. I enjoyed the fact it was a relaxed atmosphere and the great selection of gluten free food.
However on our return December 2012 we left very unhappy after 3 main meals which were inedible. I chose the beef strogonoff as it was gf and asked for half rice half chips, i was told they did not do this as an option as the rice was in a bag so I would have to pay for a whole portion of chips extra. It came and i sliced in to what i thought was a mushroom to find it was a very bitter piece of lemon. I was told this was in the recipe, I wouldn't have minded if I could have recognized it was a lemon. I hardly ate a thing as the lemon flavor left an awful taste in my mouth.
My husband and friend both ordered the papa rock burger. It looked impressive however both very hungry men could not digest the tough and unseasoned burger. We complained as they collected our 3 three hardly touched plates and they told us we should have told our waitress when she came to ask if everything was ok.
We were very unhappy paying £70 for our meals and then having to purchase rennie indigestion tablets on our way back to our b&b as both my husband and friend were in a great deal of pain with terrible indigestion,
Safe to say this ruined our night and we will not be returning EVER.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Penrith, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

A themed restaurant with motor bikes amongst the tables and records on the wall. The food is great, American dinner style - burgers, steaks etc all come in big portions. Service is great, we were shocked at how fast our food arrived and the staff were never far away if we needed them. Would definitely go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
“Good food at good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ate here on Saturday night(December 15th) after a friends recommendation. A kind of Hard Rock Cafe/biker theme to the place & it works well.
Served very quickly & fantastic portions, I had beef tacos & the missus had chicken fajita`s, both tasted brilliant.
Good selection of beers & wines to accompany.
Staff were hugely friendly & treated us to complimentary mulled wine & mince pies before leaving.
Would heartily recommend to anyone. Braw.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tain highland
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

we ate here a few times, good food at great prices,recommended for travellers,good beer and wines too and not too pricey

Visited December 2012
glasgow
“Best Restaurant in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We found this restaurant by default and so glad we did. Service and food excellent. Never had so much quality food served on my plate anywhere and I have been to lots of restaurants although mostly in Glasgow. Looking forward to visiting Aviemore again even just to visit PapaRock.

• Visited September 2012