Stayed in the 4* wing of this hotel. The Staff were a little of putting and not always the happy helpful that you would expect, although no problems just didn't seem happy. The room had a massive bed and the bathroom luxurious and obvioulsy not too old. The TV didn't work too well althought that never bothered us as we didn't stay in too long. The corridors and stairs could do with a little TLC although why this would really bother anyone I don't know. The facilities were excellant with the pool being quiet and lovely (indoor) terrace attached. The steam room, jacuzzi and sauna were an excellant addition especially when you come in from the cold outdoors of Scotland. Breakfast was very well presented and good quality with staff on hand for extra coffee etc (even if it did take 15mins to arrive!). Great base for exploring th highlands and nice hotel with good facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland