Ok so as my headline states there is building work until April 2014. Having had a room below the building work you will get noise between 9 am and 6pm which ranges from the on odd bit of knocking to a full on concrete drill.
That's the bad news out the way. Why would you come to this outstanding part of the UK and stay in your room?
We had a recently refurbished room. Nice and comfortable with all the mod cons. Nice big shower maybe at the cost of making the rest of the bathroom feel somewhat cramped.
Staff are (without exception) a true pleasure. This is an understated gem of a resort. 3 restaurants, an enormous health club and huge grounds, sandwiched between mountains either side. Parking is a plenty and you can be at the summit of The Cairngorms for skiing in around 20 minutes by car.
Eg of service excellence. My son caught a large trout in a nearby loch. The hotel cooked it to order and served it at my sons table. The result was a 9 year old who felt like a God!
You would have got a 5 if it wasn't for the building work. Great stay and would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland