There is upgrading work going on in this hotel and it's all around the rooms. We stayed on a weekend so there was no work getting done but we checked out on the Monday and the noise at 9am was shocking, so I would hope that they strategically place their guests during the week. Having to go outside everytime you wanted to leave your room for the bar, breakfast, pool, entertainment etc was really annoying as it was the middle of winter. The room was small but bareable. The staff were amazing and I couldn't fault them. Most were foreign staff but all spoke beautiful English and were extremely pleasant. The breakfast was amazing. We paid £200 for double room, two nights bed and breakfast with dinner on one night, wine in the room and a £10 drinks/food voucher. Can't comment on the pool etc as we were skiing all day and just slept at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland