We arrived on the Friday for a 3 day stay the Aviemore Inn, but to our surprise and delight we were upgraded to the Highlands Hotel. We were very worried about the Aviemore Inn after booking, due to lots of bad reviews and were very relieved to be upgraded, although still a little unsure. Apart from the bathroom being a tad on the small side and the bath sides being rather steep (fine for us, but less able bodies would not find it easy getting in and out), we absolutely loved the hotel. The bed was massive and very comfortable. The bath towels were a good size, which makes a nice change in comparison to some hotels. We had everything we needed to hand and with breakfast just along the corridor and a smashing pool and gym downstairs, what more could you ask for. A pint and a vodka was £10.75, which is pretty dear, so we only had the one. The breakfast team were very pleasant and the chef on the hot plate counter was a joy to see each morning. He would chat away about where you were going, what you'd done and come up with local information and ideas. He's an asset to the hotel and should be commended. There was plenty of parking. We would love to return next year for our wedding anniversary again, but we would need to look for a good deal as the prices are a little steep. It's well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland