We visited the spa as day guests since we were not staying at the McDonald complex. It cost us £21.00 for two of us to get in but we stayed only 40 minutes. The wave machine, jacuzzi bath and steam room were all out of order, the steam room had little steam and lots of bathers because the rest of the facilities were so bad. It took me three attempts to find a changing cubicle that would lock, there are no private showers and only six public ones for the whole place. The floor was muddy and fluffy. What a disappointment. The pool is old and dated too. Don't be tempted. Swim at Dalfaber or Coylumbridge instead. It's a kids place really but the families there didn't look as if they were having great fun either. What a disgrace for visitors from abroad to experience. Time Aviemore sorted out the lack of swimming facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland