Stayed here for a winter break. Very busy but then we did choose the school half term to go. There is plenty to do on the resort including cinema, spa, pool and gym. There are a choice of restaurants on the resort, we dined at the signature restaurant, Aspects, the food was excellent. There are a couple of issues that marred the stay slightly. The hotel was very noisy. There seemed to be little insulation/wall depth between rooms and everything could be heard from the room next door and everything and everyone that walked along the corridors including the fire doors banging when closing. The other issue was staff levels, given it was a busy time there seemed to be insufficient staff to cater for numbers. Minor issues but issues all the same. Would I stay again? Yes I would ideal for families and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel Aviemore, Scotland