“GREAT PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just enjoyed a break in aviemore and stayed at the High Range Motel, we had a family room in the motel which was very nicely appointed, flat screen tv and a dvd player, plenty of Drawers and hanging spaces, a excellent bathroom and shower and quality furnishings, Even a tray for wet boots, no breakfast but tea & coffee in the room which did the trick, i would recommend the italian restaurant at the entrance to the motel, very good food and service, the check in gentleman was very helpfull and had lots of advice on aviemore and the area , even though its a little walk into the centre of aviemore we enjoyed a pleasant stay and would not hesitate to recommend the High Range Motel to our friends, we,ll be back !

Room Tip: Family rooms have a metal action Sofa bed which is comfortable and easy to use
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I recently staying at the high range on the 10th february 2012 for one night. I had a double en-suit room, number 19 to be exact!
myself and my partner stay at the high range between 3-4 times a year, but unfortunately after my recent stay I will not be back.
No wi-fi in my room so I could not connect to the Internet. My partner wanted to read the teletext on tv, nope he couldn't do that! I was woke up at the exact time of 06.53 the next door room are paper thin!! I could hear every single conversation the man, wife and 3 children were having. When asked to keep the noise down they choose to get even louder and have their kids screaming down the corridor and getting louder and louder! Slamming their doors when when they did this our door banged along side it ( due to the rooms being so close together and paper thin!!

When I do visit aviemore again in couple of months I will be sure not to stay at the high range again (I will also be advising others not too.

• Stayed February 2012
northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

easy to find as you enter aviemore- opposite the ski road to Cairngorm (9 mile)- go up the bank away from the taverna and find the reception. we were booked into room number 17 at the motel (self catering).
reception check in was quick and helpfull. Now many places i have stayed, the reception staff have been helpfull- but here, you really felt they valued your custom, and would help if you needed any.
Our room was a double bed and a put down sofa bed, accomadating two kids if neccessary. the room was over looking the ski road and mountains- very nice!
Decent furniture- good television on the wall (plasma)- very nice clean bathroom, well shower (which was allways hot!).
Think travel lodge, then add superior!
We never had any noise at all, despite it being new years eve during our stay. No lager louts or unwelcoming guests etc. The main road outside was not herd due to double glazing.
Rooms were very warm, too hot if you put the radiator up full!
Cleaned daily by polite friendly women, and your money left etc was not touched- bin emptied daily and fresh towels.
The site of the motel is excellent- 5 mins walk into aviemore, a few minutes to happy Haggis chip shop and local indian resturant.
On site Taverna italian pub/resturant- excellent!
nice friendly staff in bar and a couple of games machines to keep kids entertained whilst you enjoy a couple of pints!

The food was very good if a little pricey- plenty of take away Pitzas too at around £10 for most, being 14"- plenty for 3!
Resturant was allways busy which is a good sign!- book in for an evening meal!

we will definatley return on our next visit to Aviemore, as everyone was so friendly- thanks again reception staff for finding out about skiing conditions each morning for me.
Now if i had one comment to improve things-

Get WiFi for at least the bar if not the motel!
Everyday we spent time at another establishment in town having food and drinks so the kids could get on their laptops!

This would have been money spent at your place had you WiFi.
Perhaps something to consider for the future?
We will return- and would certainly recommend others stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed in a family room with 2 kids. Room had a extendable sofa bed. Room was clean and had adequate space. There is small play area for the kids. The Italian restaurant is superb. There are also quite a few resaurants and cafes within walking distance as is a Tesco express.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights. Nice and peaceful apart from the bairns who were running about in the morning ha!

Liked the fact we could laze around till whenever we wanted we weren't in a rush to go anywhere. I would recommend the Italian restuarant it was fab we didn't book on the sat but booked for the sun... Great because it was all fresh and the wine was great. We ordered gluten free and they had no problem with this. Defo recommend to book..

Room was nice and tidy plenty of storage and bathroom very clean..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed here with two children for three nights in August. The room itself was very clean and comfortable - similar to a Travelodge style, with ensuite facilities, tea/coffee making.
Being there for three nights, I think we missed the opportunity to heat up food rather than eat out every night - so I guess that would be my only gripe - that there wasn't a 'kitchen' area.

£70 seemed ok for the four of us each night - although perhaps a little expensive for what it was. We liked the DVD player with the tv and it was great for the kids.

It is a little out of the centre of Aviemore, but it's a nice walk in and fantastic scenery all round. Would recommend for a short trip :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

For some reason I was finding it hard finding a hotel room to cater for 2 adults and 2 children with the provision of a travel cot, and when I did find one the price was outragous. When I came across this hotel at an extreamly good price, I was dubious. I called to ensure that there was a travel cot available and the staff were extreamly friendly and polite.
On arriving at the lodge I couldn't believe we had found somewhere so nice for such a good deal. We stayed in a double room within a travel lodge type building. Everything was immaculate and clean. It was superb!.
My only grumble is that the travel cot was a nightmare to contruct, but in all honesty its not worth mentioning in comparison to how pleased we were with the overall package we received from this hotel.
We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to High Range Hotel? Share your experiences!