“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Dalkeith, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great food. Great cakes. Great service. Waited 40mins on the stairs but worth the wait. My wife had sweet potato soup and a savoury scone and I had the very tasty lamb burger. There is also a large choice of cakes/tray bakes/scones and chutneys etc for sale. Never disappointing and a must if visiting Aviemore and surrounding are.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenlaw, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mostly you have to queue on the stairs for a table at popular times. It is well worth the wait! The food was gorgeous and the service friendly. THE place to go if in Aviemore especially if you like a well crafted home made burger or their all-day breakfast. Right on the High Street slap bang in the centre of town.

Visited October 2013
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Wish we lived closer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We fell upon this cafe by accident. We have visited Aviemore several times and I had often seen this cafe but we had never stopped. My husband wanted to look at the outdoor gear downstairs and I was in need of a coffee. We had to cue at least 20 minutes but it was well worth the wait. When we were taken to our table the staff were really lovely and friendly. We ordered our coffee And I went up to the counter to look at the sumptuous cakes. I was really stuck as all of them looked fab. However I have often been sadly disappointed by cakes that promise but fail to deliver. In this cake not only did they deliver but were beyond my expectations both in portion size but taste. I would rate these cakes as among the best I have ever tasted including my mother's which is praise indeed. It was so good we went back three times during the week and it was always packed no matter what time we went. It is excellent value and the staff really helpful. Just wish it was closer to where I live a 7 hour drive is a bit far for a slice of cake.

Visited October 2013
“Coffee and cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We've made this our coffee shop of choice in Aviemore for years. The home baking is what brings us back again and again. Worth droppong in but be prepared to queue at busy times.

Coupar Angus, United Kingdom
“just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

another 2 lovely meals at the mountain cafe well worth the wait.
once again the choice and variety exceeds all expectations,
the cakes just get better and better

• Visited October 2013