“Pricey but nicey” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Glasgow
“Pricey but nicey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I visited the Mountain Cafe for breakfast before leaving Aviemore. I had read the reviews and wanted to try it before we left. The menu was pretty extensive it was really expensive I thought for what it was though £6-7 for pancakes? And croissants?! He ordered a roll with sausage and black pudding and I had bagels with cream cheese and a selection of the mountain cafes own jams and we both had coffees. I have to say I couldn't fault any of it and while it is on the pricey side the food is top notch, I would go as far as to say the latte I had was the best I've ever tasted! They also had a wee corner with all sorts of lovely jars of jams, chutneys, bags of coffee and hot chocolate all manner of wonderful things that would make a really nice hamper and these I didn't think were too bad price wise. Definately worth a visit wish we'd had lunch there!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Derby, United Kingdom
“fantastic home made food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

not cheap - but great tasting food. home made soups,home made breads/scones,cakes. best soup we have ever tasted !

Visited December 2012
“Mmmmm cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Fab as usual, good service, impressed to see smaller portion choices on the menu, as sometimes portions were too huge and it also makes it slightly less expensive. Zucchini and carrot cake with lemon topping was excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
fife
“Fabulous cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Went here after seeing the ripadvisor reviews. Had coffee (a mocha) and a choc coconut cake and carrot cake (was sharing with my husband) both were fab. Staff could have been a bit more smiley though.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Anstruther, United Kingdom
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The only thing I am disappointed about is that I haven't tried this restaurant sooner! My husband, son and I visited here three times in the last week and the food was so delicious. I had Cullen skink, my son had kids special which was great and made a change from deep fried everything that you so often find on a kids menu. My husband had the breakfast stack which was the best fry up presentation I have seen. Extensive delicious cake selection, they made a real effort with the food selection. they also make oils and chutneys which looked delicious and nicely packaged to buy. I would say however that they could work a little bit on their customer service. A smile, welcoming hello can go a long way.