“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Falkirk
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Fabulous food , coffee and cakes! well worth waiting for ( almost always a queue for tables but when you've eaten you'll know why!)

• Visited February 2012

glasgow , scotland
“FOOD SO GOOD THE QUEUEING IS WORTHWHILE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We went here with friends who have retired to Aviemore . They said it served in their experience ( several visits) the best food in the area . I would agree as I enjoyed a tasty medium rare burger (£9.50) made from tender minced steak . I often have a burger and this was one of the very best . Our friends had soups . They always have soup as it is so good and usually made from unusual ingredients with interesting herbs/spices . The service was efficient and friendly even though it was full on a holiday Saturday . There was a queue of about 20 waiting to get in as we left about 13.30. Seemily you usually have to queue to get a table .

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aviemore, United Kingdom
“Out of this world! Best cafe I have ever been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I know I've written a review of the Mountain Cafe before, but it's been about a year since I was last there, and I felt another review couldn't hurt!
The Mountain Cafe is by far the best cafe I have ever been to - and believe me, I have been to quite a few! The location is absolutely stunning, with the most amazing views over the Cairngorms but it is such a pity there isn't a Mountain Cafe available to everyone because I sincerely believe everyone should sample the food on offer at this gem of a spot.
The fresh baking on offer just gets better and better, the scones are so fresh and full of flavour, and of course the sweeter treats are just as mouth watering!
The service is as good as ever, the girls are all lovely and don't be put off by the queue at the door - there is a very good reason for this! You won't ever be waiting long though don't worry about that - believe me, the tasty treats on offer are very much worth the wait. If I didn't care so much about my figure I would be in there every day - for brekkie, lunch and dinner!

• Visited January 2012
“All round GOODNESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

Came here for lunch and then just couldn't resist the cakes! The prices may be a little steeper than other places in the area but the food quality shows it is worth it. Will be returning on our next visit to the area.

Aviemore
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Excellent coffee and food. Always busy with locals and holiday makers so that says it all. Try it for yourself.

Visited January 2012