“Excellent Fish Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Fish Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We had travelled up to the highlands from London via Edinburgh and literally found this restaurant by chance.
It's definitely 'Retro Chique' in style as it looked as though it was back in the 1970's but that's all part of the attraction as the youth of today can see how we lived way back then.
However the food was absolutely excellent along with great friendly service.
The young lady who took our order was bubbly and aimed to please.
Having said that,the food spoke volumes as it was a fabulous meal.The batter on the fish was a delight in itself.
Neither of us could fault anything.We had the large fish supper,which really was a good sized large haddock that was big fluffy and very very tasty not forgetting the home made tasting chips.
We just had to write about this hidden gem in Aviemore that took us way by surprise and I'm only sorry that living in London it's a long way to go for fish and chips as we would be regulars.
Well done Happy Haggis.

Visited May 2014

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Brilliant as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Another great meal at The Happy Haggis! The owners are always give a lovely welcome. This visit was for Grand Daughters birthday and the owners had decorated the table with balloons and banners which was very thoughtful of them. Great food, fast, but not pushy service, all round, a lovely meal was enjoyed by all. Hope it won't be long before we have an excuse to go back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Easter Sunday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Went with friends in total 4 adults and 4 kids had a lovely dinner and the staff were very attentive and helpful we sat in for our dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wigan
“I feel like Midge Ure ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

in that I still haven't found what I'm looking for ... or at least a decent chippy in Aviemore by northern standards. Second visit here in 3 years and nothing has changed.

Easy on the road parking on the outskirts of Aviemore on the road south. You can eat in the sizeable sitting area or take it out. The prices are too put it mildly extortionate for what you get - £8 for a medium fish, chips and peas would have you run out of town in other parts - you may get away with it if the portions are huge and the fish smelling of the sea and the staff smiling away but none of these were true on our second visit, I finished our meal feeling hungry and ripped off.

Maybe its better to eat in or I have been unlucky on my last 2 visits but its a thumbs down for this popular venue unfortunately.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Worst service ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

After a long drive in bad weather, we were hungry and found this place. When we were there, suddenly my son wasn't feeling good and throw up on the carpet. The staff was helping me and when she was going to clean the mess, there was a guy (might be the owner), came and passed the bucket full of water and the mop to me and asked me to clean it myself! So rude adn disrespectful. Won't be back anymore..

• Visited December 2013