“Order mixed up but very nice ice-cream on a hot day” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fish & Chips
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Peterhead , Scotland
“Order mixed up but very nice ice-cream on a hot day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We eat here regularly when we are staying in Aviemore and are always happy with the food. However one night we were down this week around 5-30 pm when it was a starting to pick up so I left my order and went across the road to Tesco for odds and ends. I came back fifteen minutes later to find confusion in the ranks as to who was getting what . After a few minutes most things were sorted out and we left it at that. The order wasn't short , it was just not quite what we had ordered , but when they are busy I suppose these things happen.
This didn't stop us coming back a couple of afternoons later when it was touching 30© to have some Ice-Cream. I dare say we will go back for food again but when it is not so busy.

Visited July 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great chippy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Right on the main street in Aviemore, and with pavement tables too for those warmer days, this is a nice place to pick up a fish supper.

Service is good, food appears to be cooked to order (mine's was) so arrived piping hot and there's the option to sit-in, use the outdoor seats or take-home.

Pricing a bit on the high side, but overall very good

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Smiffys never disappoints! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Girlfriend and I took a camping trip to Aviemore and before going, we knew we wanted fish and chips. Being to Aviemore many times before, I automatically picked the best fish and chips I have ever been to, Smiffys.

We came in and ordered two haddock suppers and sat in. All am saying, the best fish and chips I have ever had. Service was great and we were served very quickly. Don't get me wrong, its a normal fish and chips shop but my god, it's the best.

“Tricked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I ordered a red pudding supper for myself and my wife had the fish supper. When they arrived i was very excited but when i cut into my red pudding,to be perfectly honest it was a SAUSAGE, a poor excuse for a red pudding. I questioned the fryer but he said it was a red pudding and this was the highland way. I know the difference between a sausage and red pudding and this looked and tasted of sausage. felt as if i was tricked out of my dinner. Over priced and well over rated. I wont be back and thats for sure. U dont get offered sauce either.

Scotland
“Great fish & chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Freshly made tasty fish & chips
Friendly fast service
Couldn't fault it !
Would certainly recommend this take away

• Visited June 2014