For years now we have been going to Aviemore for short breaks . Usually we stay at the Macdonald Highland resort or Silverglades which is next door to Dalfaber. Last week we visited the Scottish Steak Club twice and were blown away by the quality and value.
The place has been recently done up and is far more airy and fresh than it used to be as it was getting tired. As a family we felt very comfortable sitting in the dining room watching our boys play outside on the swings as we enjoyed a drink while our meals were being prepared. The bar area was fairly busy with the open being shown on tv and it was nice to see a mix in ages and kind of folk having a good time.
Later on there was entertainment with audience participation being the name of the game , it is just a pity it wasn't on every night.
A special mention has to go to Ruth and Craig who were both stars among the staff the two evenings we enjoyed a meal there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spey Valley Golf & Country Club borders the famous River Spey with spectacular views of the surrounding Spey Valley and Cairngorm Mountains. The Resort is close to the lively village of Aviemore.Spey Valley Golf & Country Club offers luxury lodges, spacious apartments and cosy Scandinavian style chalets scattered around a nine hole, par 3 golf course. The reception area, swimming pool, sports hall and other leisure facilities, along with an excellent restaurant and relaxing bar are all located in the Clubhouse.Whether you are here to enjoy an exciting activity holiday or a break in glorious scenery, you're sure to find what you are looking for at Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club. We wish you an enjoyable stay! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Dalfaber Golf & Country Club Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Spey Valley Golf & Country Club Aviemore, Scotland