“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenan Lodge Guest House

Glenan Lodge Guest House
You added Glenan Lodge Guest House to your Saves list
Glenan Lodge Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Tomatin | Inverness-shire, Aviemore IV13 7YT, Scotland   |
Ranked #18 of 33 Aviemore B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed at Glenan Lodge for 3 nights in May 2013. Lesley & Rob are great hosts making sure you enjoy your stay with them. Breakfast was individually cooked and served between 8 & 9 am with a choice of cereal, juice, tea/coffee and either kippers or a cooked breakfast. Lesley's evening meals were all 'home made,' and absolutely delicious. My husband and I had the family room which was very spacious and had a nice en-suite. There were tea/coffee facilities available in the room. Our son & daughter shared a twin room with the same facilities as ours. The Lodge is set in a very quiet area of Tomatin making it ideal to visit all the surrounding places. Rob gave us advice on how to see the red deer in the area, approx 10 miles from the Lodge. We would definately go back for another holiday. Excellant Holiday. Thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to stay here for three nights rather than more run of the mill accommodation in town up in Inverness further north. We were very glad we stayed here. It is a wonderfully hidden location, nice big rooms, very friendly but not too 'in your face' hosts, Nice games room etc. Wonderful breakfasts each morning. A little hard to find but once we got here we were very happy for two three nights. TVs in rooms could be a little bigger, but not an issue really. Used the place as a base for hiking in the nearby Carnigorms and for a day trip to Loch Ness. and its handy for ticking off a whiskey distilliry tour as it is located behind one! Would definitely come back when next over from Australia.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thetford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This B&B has two entries here - under Aviemore and Inverness. Its half way between. Lesley and Rob made us very welcome here for 4 days. Our room (5) was a good size with a large bathroom. We had a view out of the back and every morning we saw either one or two RED squirrels out of it. Breakfast is individually cooked from fresh local ingredients and you have a choice of cereal/fruit as well. This is the reason you may be asked to nominate a time. Evening meals are available most days. It is usually a set 3 course meal at 7.30pm which you either book before you arrive or at breakfast. Beautiful food, well presented and all home made. Wine available at a little over £10 a bottle. If Lesley has enough eggs she even makes her own ice cream. Always interested in what you are you doing she also advises on where to go and what to see. Best entry is through the Tomatin distillery - do visit. Free wi-fi in lounge, dining room and some bedrooms including ours.

Room Tip: Room 5 has view of pine trees and red squirrels and wi-fi reaches it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had booked a room in preparation for my husband and me to stay during the Highland Field Games at nearby Moy. The day before we were to arrive, my husband became quite poorly. I called and said we may not be there after all and I knew that, cancelling fewer than 24 hours before anticipated check-in would mean I would have to pay the rate for the room. I didn't have a problem with that, having worked in hospitality I knew this was standard procedure. We decided I would go on my own and so I let them know the next morning. Lesley sent me a text with directions during the day while I was at Moy and I arrived about 6pm. Dinner was cooking and I hadn't arranged to eat there. Lesley was kind enough to allow me to have dinner there even thought I hadn't reserved (dinner was delicious - with homemade cream of tomato soup as the starter). I am disabled and Rob carried my bag to my room and then Lesley carried it down the next morning. The only downside is that the bathroom (in the family room - not sure why I ended up there all on my own) was very small and the water pressure quite low.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Overnight stay so we could go birdwatching in the Findhorn valley. Pleasant room, good food and friendly hosts. The best way to find Glenan Lodge is by going through the distillery!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed in a double room with a red carpeted large bath room with a bath tub.
The rule was a bit strict. Checking in time is 4-10 checkout time is 10am. This could be very strict. Do not surprise you cannot get in if you arrive too late. Leaving late is not acceptable. The room is charged 7 days before the booked date.

We have to chose between full Scottish breakfast and kipper only. Mixed fruits was nicely prepared.

I felt this lodge is organized with very tight resources.

GPS was very erratic and google directions are confusing. Call the guest house when you get lost

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

I spend most weekends up North either camping, in hotels or B&Bs. This is categorically the least helpful place I have ever stayed. The accommodation is ok however it is not near anywhere close by to eat. I booked it as their website offered evening meals. I then phoned to book an evening meal and was told that they didn't want to provide an evening meal as they had a friend staying. I was leaving early the next day (7am) and asked for a packed breakfast again well in advance (eg croissant with ham etc) and was told that they would leave some milk in the fridge (and I could have cereal) and I could make coffee in my room. It was Fawlty towers but Basil Fawlty was a lady with blue eyeshadow. Won't be back and wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Glenan Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!