“Been here many times - still great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of asia style

asia style
st. georges road, Glasgow, Scotland (West End)
Improve this listing
Ranked #563 of 1,885 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: West End
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Been here many times - still great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Asia Style is fantastic. It's not the fanciest place in the world but the service is excellent, the food is amazing and the portions are very big; I've never left without a doggy-bag (no way I'm getting rid of that food.)

My favourite meal is the Szechuan Chicken which is spicy and delicious but the Pork Belly on rice is great as are the spring rolls.

A great novelty factor is that it's open until about 1am, so if you want to go out for dinner at 12 you can. One of my best ever dates has been watching a film then taken out for a meal there at 11pm. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glasgow
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

No Chinese restaurant compares to Asia Style.

Just go.

Have the salt and chilli soft shell crab and the crispy shredded beef. You'll only need one starter and main for two but you'll probably want to order more.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Still Great food- Price Edging out of comfort zone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently visited here as it was my dad's birthday. This has been a firm favourite for many years and my partner and I used to frequent here after late shifts [ it's open til 2am].

The service was great, and the women who looked after our table were constantly refilling our tea and making sure everything was fine. The lady also recommended my mothers dish- which was very much enjoyed.

This brings me to the food. The food, in my opinion has not slipped in standard. Contrary to other reviews, I don't feel like the portions are any smaller than before. I had the salt and pepper squid [mild- to my liking], my mum had the Malaysian chicken recommended by the waitress and my dad had pork belly. All delicious.

Yes, the pricing is edging up a little, however you are still leaving with a full belly of good food and it is still good value for what you get. I will be back again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Fab food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Back for the 1st time in a few years (no longer live in Glasgow, unfortunately) and has doubled in size. Thankfully the food is as good as I've been dreaming of - sublime Malaysian and salt & pepper soft shell crabs. Have come home happy from fab food but bemoaning the distance to good restaurants...

Visited March 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I used to love this place - what's happened??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My experience was like so many others. Prices have gone up whilst standards have gone down. My spring rolls were so salty I couldn't eat them (and their wasn't much except beans odours in them) and my main was stone cold when it arrived. Having sent it back I didn't enjoy the microwaved version. Wouldn't dream of going back. What a shame!

• Visited March 2014