“People watching in Glasgow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amarone Glasgow

Amarone Glasgow
2 Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow G2 1BT, Scotland (Anderston)
+44 141 333 1122
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #604 of 1,722 restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: Nestled in one of Glasgow’s main shopping areas on the corner of Buchanan Street and Nelson Mandela Place, and just a two minute walk from Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall, Amarone Glasgow is perfect for a mid-shopping-spree lunch, or an early, pre-symphony dinner. Also those looking for a romantic evening need look further: our venue offers an intimate and atmospheric setting to enjoy fine, Italian dining with that special someone.We all know that eating is a serious matter in Italy and we use the very best ingredients sourced both from specialist Italian suppliers and from our local area. To add to your dining experience, our team of highly specialised and committed staff are on hand to serve you. Our many award wins are testament to our winning formula of great food, perfect venues and dedicated customer service. Glasgow Amarone can boast Glasgow’s Best Overall Restaurant of the Year.
Lochwinnoch
“People watching in Glasgow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were shopping (dreadful occupation) in a nearby mall where the temperature and humidity were insufferable. we nipped outside for an hour to try to get some fresh air and came upon this restaurant. We sat at the outside tables and had a soda and lime each. Not a lot on which to rate a restaurant but it was very good. The staff served us cheerfully and promptly and we spent a happy half hour watching the Glaswegians and their visitors strolling up and down Buchanan Street. I had a quick look inside the restaurant area itself and was very impressed. Lots of hot water in the immaculately clean toilets and good quality soap and hand lotion was provided. I will return here for a meal and I am sure I will not be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Lovely dining in the rare scottish sunshine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Visited here the other day on a friend's recommendation. We were seated outside which was great as it was a lovely sunny day and the atmosphere was great as everyone seemed to be in a great mood. We were seated quickly, but had to wait 5/10 mins before we were given a menu and drinks orders taken...this didn't bother us so much as we were enjoying our surrounds and the restaurant was packed. We ordered off of the set menu which good value for money and a good choice. The food was lovely, but I don't know, maybe my exceptions were too high due to my friend's recommendation. I would eat here again, but there are many other places I would pick ahead of this restaurant in the city center.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Another visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my second visit here, as visiting Glasgow for a leisure break. This time I had the option of Al Fresco and it didn't disappoint. It was hot and sunny and I felt sorry for the staff as they had to rush around in the hot temperatures. I decided to have the early menu at £13.95 for two course. It was well presented and delicious. The staff are very attentive. I think the many clientèle eating in Amarone tells it all. Location is excellent.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good quality food, great surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice restaurant in the city centre, great atmosphere. Quick service and big variety on the menu. Various vegetarian options available.
My favourite has to be the "Focaccia Calabrese", which is a pizza base topped only with ricotta cheese and caramelized onions. Delicious!
I've been to Amarone a few times, also with friends and it never disappoints.

• Visited June 2013
Hengelo
“beyond excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful surprise find! Fantastic friendly attentive service, food beyond amazing (order the scallops), and beautiful setting outside under the trees on a beautiful sunny day. Highly recommended!