“Absolutely gorgeous place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Johnstone, United Kingdom
“Absolutely gorgeous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous food, service, atmosphere, pleasant staff and surroundings, great choice of food, I will definitely return, there wasn't many people there which surprised me especially with such high standards in my opinion more people should go here as they are missing out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“lovely evening out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Shown to our table right away, and offered another if more suitable. Service excellent.
Food was lovely, My wife had soup, followed by baked ham and chicken salad and a pot of tea, I had house special pate, then haddock and chips with a nice pot of tea, jug of iced water on the table, nearly perfect. We were in the lounge bar, nice and warm and friendly atmosphere. I liked the idea that my trial tastecard could be used and it halved my bill. Price including two cokes was a very reasonable £24. Thought the cokes were a bit expensive at £1.90 each, why are drivers having to pay over the odds for soft drinks. Overall a very enjoyable evening, and we shall return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fab food, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

High tea being served on a Sunday afternoon was great today, good menu to choose from and the cakes were fantastic :) brilliant value for money, looking forward to going back soon!..........................................

Glasgow
“Bit expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been going here for years but when went this week for dinner, and an early dinner about 17.00, I was struck how expensive it was. Yes the food was fine, although I don't think the menu is as good as it used to be and being honest I don't think the quality of the food is the same, in addition the surroundings are very dated.

£37 for an early dinner and also early in the week is a bit steep for 2 courses for 2 people with a drink each.

I would hesitate to return and do the same again.

Disappointing all round I would say, noisy locals at the bar didn't help

Visited April 2013
“lovely pub lunch with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Lunch on a Monday service excellent food lovely and excellent value. We ate from the set menu but there were lots of specials. Too full for pudding a lovely coffee with tablet we'll be back

• Visited April 2013