“Wonderful Evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Tasca Glasgow

La Tasca Glasgow
39-43 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 1JS, Scotland (Anderston)
+44 141 204 5188
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #231 of 1,720 restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Glasgow.
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked LaTasca for a party of 20 as I was hosting an evening for the charity that I work for. From the minute we walked in the door the staff could not be anymore attentive and courteous . They set an area aside from us and most who attended had never been before and said they would be back. My boss had flown into Glasgow to attend the event and complimented me on my choice of venue. We has a wonderful array of starters, mains and desserts and no one could find fault with the variety or quality or wonderful presentation of the food. I'll be hosting another of these evenings again soon and i would be confident to book here again. In the meantime I"m getting my husband to take me up to sample more of their wonderful food and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Tasca G, General Manager at La Tasca Glasgow, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hola BrainGirl,

Muchas gracias por tu opinion, we really appreciate it!

I have passed this onto the team that were on duty that evening. We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant soon.

Hasta Luego

75% Recommend
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Good food poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Love this place and frequent it often, but normally at night time. Today we visited at 6pm Monday, the place was 3/4 empty. Staff eager to take your drink order before you have read the wine list. We waited ages so long for our food that we had lost our appetite.It was lovely though. Had to try and get staff attention to order drinks and had to leave our table to get our bill. Disappointing

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hola Margaret Ann,

Thank you for leaving a review of our restaurant as it is only through this that we may identify any problems there may be.

Please accept my apologies as your experience is far from the standards which we strive for daily. Your comments have been passed onto the team and will be used as a training tool to iron out some fundamental issues as you have highlighted.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Over average price for under average restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

... not the best experience in all aspects. We had a table just next to their phone which was ringing almost without a stop. The sound wasn't loud enough (that's why I couldn't get through to actually get a reservation in the first place) so staff didn't hear it as the place was busy so it just kept on ringing with a couple members of staff occasionally picking up the phone.

We've receiver 5 tapas instead of 4 we ordered. Oh well, at least waiting staff has good imagination. The straw in my sangria was a little sticky - probably because of fruit; however it would have been nicer to get it clean. The same with water glass, but this time there was something stuck to the glass. Thankfully the second glass was clean. I count myself lucky!

Food was nothing to be struck by - from 5 tapas we took there was nothing we couldn't have prepared at home better than it was in the restaurant. It was ok I would say, but to bring back some customers food should be really good, not just ok. It was highly overpriced for what we've got!..

The atmosphere is not bad, however they could get some better candles - outer red layer was falling off which didn't look too classy. It was also obviously understaffed; saving money is saving money but if you get customers who are not too happy because they had to wait for waiting staff too long then I don't think it's worth it, is it?

Overall, they should try harder. It's highly unlikely I will ever come back or recommend this place to anyone but I believe this place will find its clientele which is happy with less than I am.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
suzyjg, General Manager at La Tasca Glasgow, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hola forleisureandwork,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review.

Please accept my apologies for your poor experience in our restaurant. Please rest assured that we have taken all of your comments on board and we are actioning them in the restaurant.

The whole team try incredibly hard on a daily basis to both deliver outstanding food and service alongside our vibrant atmosphere and hospitality.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our restaurant.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Despite the location (Renfield st is NOT the best place where to stroll around after a meal) La Tasca manages to be quite cosy and welcoming.
The food however, is quite poor, and the service not great.
Albondigas (meat ball in tomato sauce) were excessively salty, and the patatas bravas just oven baked potatoes covered in pub-quality spicy tomato sauce.
Seriously, I could have just went to the pub around the corner to get the same food for half the price.
Chicken croquettes with cheese filling felt like any frozen croquettes you can find in Tesco. They are not bad per se, but it's not what you expect from a restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
La Tasca G, General Manager at La Tasca Glasgow, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hola vatnajokull51,

Gracias for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your dining experience. The vast majority of our products are imported from Spain and made fresh on our premises, so I am surprised to hear that we failed to meet the high standards of food quality which we strive for on a daily basis.

I have taken onboard your comments and they have also been passed on the team.

If you were to consider giving us another chance, please do let us know and make sure to browse through our promotions page for regular offers.

Suzanna
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in the city centre. Service is always excellent with a particular mention of Suzie to be made. There are a number of offers available and the tapas never fail to please. I particularly enjoy the Rioja!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hola Harry C,

Thank you for your review! Glass of rioja ready for you when you are...

Hasta luego