“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dhabba

The Dhabba
44 Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1LE, Scotland (City Centre)
+44 141 553 1249
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dhabba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 1,720 restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited The Dhabba on Monday evening with my family and was absolutely blown away.

The service was fantastic - attentive and friendly with no hovering about. Our order was taken quickly, and our waiter recommended side dishes we might enjoy.

The food arrived quickly, and was beautifully presented.

We ordered four main dishes and shared them between us, and every dish was so completely delicious it was hard to stop eating. We cleared all our plates and everyone commented on how the food was the best Indian food they had ever eaten.

I would definetely go back and have already recommended this wee gem to all my friends.

Thank you Dhabba!

78% Recommend
Cupar Fife
“Excellant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a meal on Friday 22nd March for five people. The restaurant is very comfortable, and the service was really very attentive. I had read some of the comments and was very keen to try this restaurant to see how it compares to others we had been to previously in Glasgow. I sugested to the others to try the platter for two...Shuruaati Thal ..we ordered two to share between five. Not a large portion considering it was one between two.. unfortunately the content on the platter lacked in flavour and we found it to be quite bland. the mains however were totally different and had lovely flavours. I had the Raan-e-Changejl lamb knuckle served with a dark rum sauce which was lovely!! We had a selection of breads including Naan and we had poppodums and dips as an appetiser which were very good. We chose their wine from Chile to enjoy with the food..well it was so good we managed three bottles! We really enjoyed our evening in particular the service by all the staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Second visit to Dhabba.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have visited Dhabba many years ago with some family and loved it. My husband and I were catching up with friends in Glasgow and were looking for a good restaurant to go to. We thought we would try Dhabba again and were not disappointed. As usual, my friend and I were so busy chatting while our husbands looked at the menu that when they came to take our order we hadn't even looked yet. Now I always find it hard to choose and the waiter was fab. He took our menus away and asked us a series of questions as to which type of meat or fish we would like and how hot, how it was cooked with regards the sauce etc and then asked us to trust them. If we didn't like what they brought our meal would be free. Well I have to say our meals were delicious and the service excellent. Our husbands ordered desserts and we ordered coffee and then the waiter returned to say we could either get our desserts and coffee for free or another round of drinks. We chose the drinks and my friend and I got a given a very large glass of red wine even though we hadn't stipulated the size. There was no reason for this gesture other than good customer service. Staff very friendly, food excellent, lovely modern restaurant. Would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Give this place a visit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Recommended to us by our hotel and it did not disappoint. Warning though - unless ur absolutely starving get one rice and one naan between 2 as you get plenty. Delicious, authentic and friendly staff. Would go again!!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Last minute choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a colleague the other week. I was unsure what to have as they was plenty of choice - the waiters could not have been more helpful in their recommendation, which I have to say, was superb. All I can say is this is a little gem!