“Casual dining” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Casual dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I go to Mono regularly since is it one of Glasgow's vegan restaurants. The food is pub grub style and they usually have different soups daily. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. During the week it is possible to have an evening with a laptop or book but on Friday evening it becomes very busy and more like a bar.

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Edinburgh
“Great for people with allergies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Mono is ideal for people with allergies to dairy, egg and seafood as all of its dishes are naturally free of all animal products. Tasty, well priced food in a relaxed and chilled out environment. Perfect for a laid back lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clitheroe
“Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I recently spent two days in Glasgow and after discovering Mono on the first, didn't need to look for anywhere else to eat. (Which is unusual for me as I enjoy packing in as much variety as possible, it was that good!) it was wonderful to be able to look at the whole menu as vegan places are thin on the ground in my area and the couple that do exist rely a bit too heavily on salads. All the food looked AMAZING and while there I got to enjoy the burger which is hands down the best vegan burger I've ever had, it even satisfied my none vegan boyfriend and we both licked the plate clean. Second visit I had the creamy cashew gnocchi special which was stunningly presented and didn't disappoint in taste, followed by a moist and flavourful choc and peanut cake which was a real treat! To be honest, I'm only really on trip advisor as a proprietor but I was so delighted with Mono I just had to let you know :) moving to glasgow in September and can't wait to come back! Bravo!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best vegetarian food in Glasgow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Love food and a great atmosphere. Not expensive with the added value of the best record shop in Glasgow attached to the venue

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend went on a lunch date to Mono fairly recently and were not disappointed! We sat ourselves down at a table close to the toilets (as I have medical needs) and were soon brought a menu and offered drinks. As I am on a liquid/soft diet, the choice for me was limited to soup and hummus, but this is the case at almost every restaurant, so I was not bothered by this. I was pleased to discover that there was actually a choice of two soups! I opted for the tomato and basil, and it was simply lovely! The hummus was also very tasty and came with a salad and pitta bread which my boyfriend ate for me! My boyfriend had a falafel wrap and the tomato and basil soup also and cleaned his plate. As a non-vegetarian, my boyfriend was still spoiled for choice and struggled to choose from the menu! Our only complaints were that we ordered drinks and had to remind the waitress about them as they had not arrived even after we received our meal! We also could not manage to attract the attention of the waitress when we were hoping to order dessert. By the time she eventually noticed us, my boyfriend was due at work in half an hour and we had to leave.
Mono had a nice, warm atmosphere and the staff were friendly enough. The bill was very reasonably priced and we were satisfied upon leaving, Overall, I would recommend Mono to anyone, not just veggies and vegans!

• Visited June 2014