“BEST VALENTINES EXPERIENCE EVER” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0)141 331 1901
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, International
Glasgow
“BEST VALENTINES EXPERIENCE EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I went to the Liquid Ship with my boyfriend for a Valentines evening meal. Even upon entry it looked superb. It was reasonably busy but not uncomfortable and it was romantically lit, absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day. The joy started almost immediately when it was apparent that our Valentines meal came with a complimentary glass of water. We did not require a complimentary glass of anything as our meal was a steal at a mere £80. Rather than making a scene, my boyfriend ordered underpriced wine from the list and a two glass of champagne.

The food was clearly not Italian. I ordered a chicken bolero with a salad. What I received was butterfly breast of chicken in a tortilla with pieces of black pepper complimenting it beautifully and a side dish which contained a few oily pieces of olives: green olives and black olives, rocket and one piece of chili.

The most charming thing for me, (although I never told my my boyfriend at the time), was that the waiter felt it compulsory to try and chat me up when my boyfriend left the table for the bathroom, which made me feel a million dollars. At one point, it was almost as if he was waiting for that moment to pick me up and sweep for me off my feet for at least 10-15 minutes.

On leaving the restaurant, the waiter presented me with 2 red roses. Again, I felt giddy as a school girl as he had been quite charismatic and attentive throughout and personally I can't see why it wouldn't be acceptable to present someone else's girlfriend with red roses whether it is valentines or not. I accepted to be polite, but I would have preferred something a little bit more.

We will be back as this is the best valentine's meal/experience I've ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere