“Best on Glasgow that I have tried” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best on Glasgow that I have tried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Well Saturday lunch walked into empty restaurant chef waiter said only seats available in kitchen . Of to great start . Well the gd that was served from the waiter stroke chef . :) sublime so fresh presentation great . Man I have fallin in love with this we place booked in for Christmas Day . Must try

• Visited October 2013

“Always a Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have been going to the Cabin for around 5 years now and in that time myself and my wife have always been hugely impressed.

James is always so accommodating and has a real unique personal touch which you certainly wouldn't get in other restaurants. We have always been treated with first class service and the food is even better.

All I can say is that I have never had a bad meal at the Cabin. The food is simply delicious, making the Cabin a must visit place. It may be a bit out the road in terms of location but any journey to get there is worth it as in my opinion and the opinions of others I have also spoken too, it is most certainly worth it.

I'm just sad that I can't go tonight! Hopefully sometime in the very near future :-)

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“If You're in Glasgow, Go Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Cabin restaurant may not be City Centre location but this has surely got to be one of Glasgow's best restaurants. The general ambience combined with the unbelieveable food quality makes for a wonderful experience. This lovely little place is a throw back to say the least however the Scottish Fusion cuisine is something that works quite spectacularly.

I would not hesitate to recommend this anyone who wants somewhere to get a great meal in Glasgow.

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband booked for us to eat here for our anniversary on a Sunday night. When we arrived, we were the only ones there. The owner had opened up specially for us even though he doesn't usually open on Sundays! What a lovely experience and fantastic food. We didn't even realise that he was doing all the cooking and serving himself as he was so quick and professional. All of the courses we had were delicious, including seafood, chinese duck, chicken, bread & butter pudding, etc. If you want banter you will get that too! And if you want a singsong, you can get that on Friday or Saturday nights. The price is very reasonable, for a 3 course meal for 2 people and bottle of wine it was under £70. We hadn't realised it was cash only, so James took my husband out to a nearby cash machine. Don't miss this great place for an unforgettable experience - it has been almost a year now since we went and I still remember it well.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A first visit which won't be the last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My partner and I went last night, and although it was a Sunday night, we were rather daunted by the fact we were the only people in the restaurant. Oh no, I thought. This is not a good sign. But how wrong can you be? The service was friendly and relaxed, the food delicious (especially the mains - the duck breast and potato dauphinoise was gorgeous) and I can imagine that the atmosphere is great on a busy night.

I hadn't realised it was 'cash only' but the waiter told us to 'just drop it off during the week sometime'. Haven't had that experience in Glasgow before. ;)

• Visited October 2013