“Reasonably priced and excellent food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother India

Mother India
28 Westminster Terrace | Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7RU, Scotland (West End)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 1,839 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Reasonably priced and excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Really excellent quality of food at a good price. Would say the rice portion was a bit small but only a minor complaint really. Was really surprised at how quickly we got a table considering it was a Saturday night. Service was at a good pace.

• Visited December 2013

Glasgow
“Good food good company.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Really enjoyed my meal and the service is excellent. If you are wanting to have food on your table quickly this is not the place for you. Authentic Indian food like your family would make if you had family that made good Indian food.

Really enjoyed meeting my old friend Veejay again. It made my evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
scotland
“Excellent fresh Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I don't think we have ever been disappointed, whichever floor we have eaten on, though preferring the ground floor. The staff are always courteous, speedy and the food always fresh with a different special to try most times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Armadale, United Kingdom
“Mother of all Indians!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place was highly recommended to us by a friend, we were not disappointed.

The food was fantastic, for starters my partner had the chicken and mushroom pakora and I had a flatbread with chickpea and mushroom (I can't remember the name of it) and then for mains we had garlic chilli chicken and the saag aloo dahr. We had peshwari naan as a side and I think it's the best naan bread I have ever tasted!

The service was excellent, staff were really friendly and the good came quickly.

The meal was reasonably priced at £45 for two starters, two mains, two sides and two drinks.The restaurant itself was full of character. We will definitely return and recommend to others.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The Very Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

It does not get better. Always freshly cooked and after several visits I would say that this is one of the best restaurants in town.What more can I say.