“Birthday Meal Monday 27th January 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gamba Seafood Restaurant

Gamba Seafood Restaurant
225a West George Street, Glasgow G2 2ND, Scotland (City Centre)
+44 141 572 0899
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gamba Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Scottish, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: West Campbell Street
Transit: Buchanan St underground is a short walk. Queen St station and Glasgow Central station are both close by.
Description: The award-winning AA rosette Gamba restaurant in Glasgow serves the best seafood available in its own unique style, and has established a formidable reputation for quality.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal Monday 27th January 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

After hearing great reviews from friends I decided to try for myself.
The experience was one of, if not the best I've ever had in a restaurant.
I had the Marrbury smoked salmon, brown shrimp, capers, frisee, lemon oil to start with, my friend had Tartare of Loch Duart salmon, goats cheese, sundried tomato, chives, sesame for his starter and both were amazing. We both had the fillet for our mains and this was simply mouth-watering. Cooked to perfection and practically melted in your mouth - the fillets were a great size and the sauce that accompanied them was delicious. We both had desserts aswell, I had the brulee, my friend had the chocolate tart - perfect size portions and absolutely delightful.
I genuinely cannot fault anything about our visit. The staff were very friendly, struck up some conversation now and again - but weren't intrusive. I've never walked away from somewhere without any criticism of some sort - but not here - honestly such a delightful meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glasgow
“Delightful family celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A special treat to celebrate our daughter's 30th birthday led our party of seven hungry adults to this wonderful restaurant. Parents, two sons and their wives (one of whom was feeding for two) as well as our daughter were made very welcome by outstanding house staff. Kir Royale provided a suitable aperitif while we instantly started to salivate over the menu that offers plenty for everyone’s tastes. Staff were carefully attentive and everything was perfectly timed. The three men were unable to make up their minds and on the choice of starter and so extra portions of soup, sashimi and oysters were served. Main courses were perfectly prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious – being shared around the table. We chose the perfect Australian semillon, sauvignon blanc, which provided a great accompaniment to the food and was in harmony with a wonderful evening together.

This was as good as it gets!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“One of the very best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went to Gamba with my wife recently and had one of the most enjoyable meals I've ever had.
Gamba is not cheap, but if you want cheap then go to Wetherspoons. The food here is fantastic and well thought out, the service, while quite formal, is friendly and engaging and the wine list is varied and interesting.
Do youtself a favour and book a table.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotland
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Friday night, the restaurant was very busy but we didn't feel that the staff were harassed, they were attentive without being over the top. The food was fantastic I had the salmon tartare which was delicious and really nicely done followed by the red mullet which was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. My husband had the seafood cocktail and the scallops which were both really nice, he was worried that the scallops would not be filling enough for a main course but they were. My only disappointment was that I was too full for dessert.

It is more expensive than a lot of restaurants but well worth it for a special occasion. Looking forward to going back.

Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Does fish well. Service punctual. All very professional. Went for seafood soup, monkfish with scallops, red mullet. All courses lovely...and some of the best crispy fries I've ever tasted. Dessert: Amoretto cherry bakewell was delicious. And choc tart exquisite. Prices too steep though. Hate having to pay extra for "sides" such as potatoes, veg, fries, when they should be accompaniments. Some mains are £24 without veg! So really enjoyed it, would recommend but personally won't be back as its not good value for money unfortunately.