“THE BEST FOOD I ever had!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Unlike other Middle Eastern food, Persian cuisine has a flavour all of its own. It is exotic yet simple, made with a delicate balance of sweet and sour, hot and cold and flavours that are so subtle in taste, they will leave your palette curious for more.Here at Sholeh, we use only the finest and freshest of herbs, spices, fruits, flowers and ground roots to give our cuisines the delicate aroma,
Bristol, United Kingdom
“THE BEST FOOD I ever had!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Sholeh Fine Persian Cuisine is an awesome place with superb food, a well-appointed interior and gracious service. My parents aren't the most adventurous eaters, but this was their first time having Persian cuisine and they loved it! Definitely check it out!

The lamb shank was soooooo sooo so delicious, tender and flavorful. With a little encouragement from the serving spoon, the meat really did fall off the bone. The end of the bone was cut open, so I used my lizard tongue to lick up and suck out all those delicious gobs of fatty bone marrow. It.was.FANTASTIC.

The chops on our medium-rare rack of lamb were NICELY seasoned and pink inside. What are the main Persian spices anyway, because I want all my meat to taste this fabulous!!! The saffron rice was pretty yummy, especially with the roasted tomato. I need to get a mortar and pestle so I can make my own saffron rice whenever I can't make it to Sholeh!

Shishlik - (5) Individual pieces of marinated lamb chops with the bone, prepared with Persian herbs and spices charbroiled to your taste. (The menu says 5 pieces, but they gave us 6 because the chops were especially small.)

Next time (hell yeah, next time!), we're ordering two lamb shanks and the rack of lamb. (Shislik)

-Service is super prompt, so this is a good place if you're short on time.
-Conversely, after we paid, they didn't rush us to leave!
-Lots of free parking in back of the restaurant.
-Server did his best to answer my questions about the menu, but didn't try to find out more about the ingredients. The chef has a magic touch If all he needs is salt and pepper to season meat to make it taste that awesome.
-No dress code - people were dressed up (dresses and heels, dress shirts) and dressed down (jeans, khaki shorts, Teva sandals).

Sholeh is the place for damn good Persian food, gracious and nicey, not so pricey. We drove an hour one way (through hell and back) to get here, and we plan to return for s'more yummies in our tummies!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Kilbride
“Fabulous find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a brilliant meal here using living social deal, we ordered the mixed sharing platter (between 4 of us) with two naan breads and olives to start, you select any 5 from starters menu and all were amazing, and possibly the nicest olives I have tasted outside of Greece! Alexandra our waitress was brilliant and talked us through the menu and we all chose the chicken and lamb kebabs which were delicious, to finish we shared the speciality desert which was huge! No drinks lisence yet so it was BYOB and no corkage charge so perfect! Would def recommend this wee place it's so nice inside too, and luckily living social have the deal on again (£11 for two) so my friends and u have bought it again, can't wait to go back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glesga
“A welcome discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Never eaten Persian food before, so we were looking forward to trying this place after buying a deal on Living Social - it did not disappoint. Our waiter asked if we were familiar with the food and was keen to help us with the menu. He made fantastic recommendations, encouraging us to try the more Persian options - we started with the soup and the barbecued aubergine dip/paste (can't remember the name). The soup was like nothing I've tasted before - still trying to pin down those flavours! - and I can't wait to have it again; the presentation of the dip wasn't the most attractive but the flavours were incredible and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it along with delicious fresh naan - as another reviewer mentioned it was crispy and soft at the same time.
For the mains I was tempted by the stew type dishes, but was swayed by the lamb kebab and sholeh option. The lamb was so tender and again the flavours of the sholeh kebab were extraordinary along with another tasty naan. My partner went for the spicy chicken kebab and told me with every mouthful how tasty it was - he also enjoyed the rice with some saffron rice through it, especially after the waiter explained that the butter provided should be melted through it; never seen this before but would definitely do it again.
We were quite satisfied by that point, but went for the waiter's recommendation of the Sholeh special ice cream dessert - another unusual (for us) and delicious combination and balance of flavours.
We originally ordered the doogh to drink, but the waiter explained it was salty so we just tried one - it was unusual; milky, minty, slightly fizzy and a bit salty but we both agreed we would order it next time as there definitely will be one! Although we probably would bring a bottle next time too.
It was fairly quiet when we went midweek, but there was a steady stream of regulars dropping by to pick up take-away.
Front of house staff were attentive without being intrusive and the kitchen provided some of the tastiest food I've ever eaten - we like to try different cuisines but this is something else entirely.
If you enjoy trying different flavours you'll love the food here and we're already looking forward to our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth checking out if you like exploring food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited here finally after driving past it every day for a few months now & i wasn't disappointed! I went with a persian friend so she explained all the dishes to me. Had the aubergine, garlic & egg dip starter which didn't look very appealing but was nice with the perfectly cooked naan. Also had the dolmades to start. Love greek dolmades so was keen to see how they compare! The answer? Similar but kinda different at the same time! Both of us had one of the casserole/stew type dishes. If this was an indian restaurant they'd have been curries but no glimmer of spice here. Lots of fruity & fresh herb flavours. Neither dish looked very appealing & despite sounding very different on the menu, looked very similar in colour & texture. Rice was served on your plate with the dishes coming in little side bowls.

We had mint tea instead of dessert. I'd asked if it was caffeine free & was told it was however it was Earl grey with mint leaves in it. Very lovely & very like the mint tea i drank when travelling in Morocco but not caffeine free like i'd been told!

The set dinner menu is undoubtedly great value for money & we went with the Taste Card 50% off total food deal so also very good.

I'd go back but I'd try a kebab the next time!

Largs, United Kingdom
“Saturday teatime treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Enjoyed visiting this restaurant on a side of town we don't usually visit. Used a living social voucher. We added starter. The aubergine with tomato and egg sounded unusual but was tasty. The hummus was also very good.. The Persian nan bread was very fresh and managed to be both soft and crispy at the same time. We had more with our main courses of kebabs, again very tasty and filling. We needed the walk back over the river to recover. Staff very friendly and informative. Restaurant and toilets clean. Would recommend a visit to experience something other than curry or pizza

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere