“Clean and comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amadeus Guest House

You added Amadeus Guest House to your Saves list
Amadeus Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   411 North Woodside Road, Glasgow G20 6NN, Scotland   |
Ranked #8 of 39 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“Clean and comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The rooms were very clean, and the beds were well kept, allowing me a good night's rest.

The hotel is near the city centre, easily accessible to the rest of the city via the SPT nearby. Breakfast served was also plentiful. All necessities were covered, including WIFI. All in all, a good stay. Recommend this place to anyone looking to visit Glasgow on a budget, whilst not compromising on quality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable despite its dated look (crumbling ceilings and finishings). Breakfast was excellent including cereal, fruit, yogurt, cheese, meats, etc and the addition of fresh hot rolls cannot be forgotten.

The host was very accommodating and easy to approach.

It's location is a bit away from the city center, but it is very close to the subway line, which makes it convenient for day travel but a little difficult to get to if you are carrying your full luggage from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We saw on the front door a sign indicating it was a 2-star B&B; expect that much and you won't be disappointed.

The building and rooms are obviously in need of some renovation work. I found things to be relatively clean, but it wasn't a place I would've liked to stay multiple nights in.

That said, we made a booking error (wrong day) and it so happened there was a cancellation so the owner let us keep the rate we booked but put us in a bigger room.

Breakfast is a lovely selection of cereals, yogurts, cold meats, cheeses, and toast. The dining room is well-kept and furnished--a stark contrast to the room!

My advice: Take advantage of its location. Kelvingrove is beautiful; take a long walk in the area after a meal. You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We very much enjoyed two nights and three days in Glasgow, and the Amadeus was an important part of that experience. It was clean and comfortable--in fact the rooms were larger than what we needed, but they only charged us for what we used. The breakfasts were good, healthy, with good tea and coffee service, and when we needed to leave early they were very accommodating. Our view of the sunset was magnificent! The only problem was that the location is a bit out of the way, though very close to subway and bus stops.

Room Tip: The first floor room is a bit close to the service areas, but very good for travelers who have diffi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Dear Amadeus,

I recently stayed with my girlfriend in room 1 (ground floor) and had a very pleasant stay. I was impressed by the warm welcome, the comfortable bed, and the cleanliness of the whole place.

I can wait to come to Glasgow again and stay at the Amadeus.
The owner Alexandra is a very charming young lady who is always ready to help and I've noticed that in many Scottish guest houses which I highly recommend to people who want a feel of the Scot way of living!

The breakfast is amazing and has lots of variety and EVEN warm bread if you come early!

Christopher

Room Tip: - Room 1 is very nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cabot, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was very disappointed by the water stains on the walls and ceilings. The bathroom was to dirty to even use. I felt like I was staying in a homeless shelter. I paid for a five star B& B through Abbey tours and they placed me in this two star but kept the money for a five star. I will never come back. They gave excuses about how they are fixing the place up. I wonder how long they have been doing that. I see no improvements. No one was available after 5. The notice was loud you can hear the other guests.

Room Tip: Do not come here or use abbey tours.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
amadeusglasgow, Owner at Amadeus Guest House, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you had such a terrible experience at our guest house. As you can see from the majority of reviews about the Amadeus, people actually love staying here and many return very frequently.

Firstly, can I clarify that we have no affiliation with Abbey Tours and that we simply act as a supplier of two star accommodation for them and many others. As such, I do not accept responsibility for you having been misled into thinking that we were a 5 star establishment.

Believe it or not, we actually are a very high standard two star guest house. I, as the owner personally make sure that everything is cleaned very thoroughly, and on the day that you came, I had cleaned the room myself. This included a full bleach of the whole bathroom, so I do not accept that this was dirty. However, I do absolutely agree with you that our facilities are not as new as we would like them to be. We are truly renovating, but with rates as low as £28.00 per night for certain rooms, I am sure you will appreciate that renovation is taking some time.

I am also sorry that you did not contact us directly to raise your issues, instead of the agent. I would have immediately been able to attend to your needs. Instead, you called your agent in America and Abbey Tours, who naturally were not able to help.

I accept that two star accommodation is not for everybody, and that if you were expecting a five star guest house, that you would naturally feel cheated and disappointed. I do feel that it is unfair however to judge us by what we are not, and to review us based on your expectation, expectation which was not set by us. Negative reviews such as yours are truly damaging to small independent businesses who are already struggling in this difficult economy.

I really hope that this does not stop you enjoying the rest of your trip, and that you will opt for more suitable accommodation in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here a few days and I had a great experience. The rooms are clean and the bed I had was very comfy. My room had a skylight which made it nice and bright. The breakfast is very good and has lots of variety. The coffee was the best I had in Glasgow.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Amadeus Guest House? Share your experiences!