I had one night in the Alamo earlier this month and have already booked to go back with my husband next month. Steve and Emma couldn't have been more welcoming. The house is lovely and has been lovingly renovated with impressive attention to detail. Don't forget to look up; there are some magnificent ceilings to admire. My bedroom was very comfortable and the shared bathroom was spotlessly clean with modern facilities. Emma and Steve were also very welcoming to my student son who lives around the corner and turned up at odd times to see me and to stroke the 20 year old cat in his basket in the hallway.
The location is great, with Kelvingrove Park on the doorstep and the University a short stroll away. There are some excellent eateries within a few minutes walk. We tried out The Ivy for a delicious lunch and The Finnieston for wonderful, reasonably priced seafood.
I'd like to be able to offer some constructive criticism but I can't think of how they could do it better. Perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alamo is a friendly family run Guest House overlooking Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Park with views of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, as well as Glasgow University, in the near distance. This elegant 1870 Victorian building is within easy walking distance (3 - 20 minutes) of the main 3 areas of Glasgow; The City Centre (Glasgow School of Art, Modern Art Gallery, theatres, etc), The West End (Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow University, Kelvin Hall, etc), Riverside (S.E.C.C. etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Alamo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alamo Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Alamo Guest House Glasgow, Scotland