“Relaxed & tasty” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Relaxed & tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Tucked away on a quiet side street off great western road this restaurant would be easy to miss but I recommend making the effort to find it. Atmosphere is relaxed. Good music. The food is tasty n in good quantity (love the tender chicken starter). It's affordable (2-4-1 burgers all day every day) and the cocktails r mint!! Look forward to going back to try the brunch menu

Skinnys G, Manager at Skinny's, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Hi there CatE1981
Thank you for leaving us a review! I’m so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Skinny’s .
I think we’re a wee hidden gem, so it’s nice to hear you’d recommend people find us!
It’s always lovely when someone takes the time to leave a nice review, so we really appreciate it.
Please introduce yourself to us personally next time you come in!
Kind regards.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“A great atmosphere with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate at Skinny's on Otago Street on a Saturday and it was fairly quiet, but the staff were helpful and friendly. The food was excellent, especially if you like burgers!

Visited January 2014
Skinnys G, Manager at Skinny's, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hi Mai H
Thank you for leaving us a review, I’m so glad you thought the food was excellent!
The team try our hardest to give top notch customer service, so it’s always nice when someone takes the time to tell us when they’ve enjoyed their experience in Skinny’s.
Hope we can welcome you in again soon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Bland and disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop in for a take away today, had wanted to try it for a while after walking past most days and thinking it looked nice. Looked at the menu, the burger selection is pretty limited, with all the extras they have available it wouldn't take too much imagination to come up with a bit of variety in the menu or a daily special. We went for 2 beef burgers and chips, one with BBQ sauce. When we got out of the shop we noticed that one of the burgers hadn't been wrapped properly and was loose in the bag meaning it had to be put back together when we got home. The burgers themselves were an odd shape for the bun, too compact and chunky meaning that the majority of the bun had no meat to go with it. Contrary to reviews here that say the burgers were raw/medium, ours were well overcooked and really really dry and bland, are they baked? The chips were like a tasteless version of mcdonalds skinny fries, quite soggy, no real flavour, bought in frozen. The way the place is decorated/markeketed I'd expected nice home cooked crispy fries. On the plus side the brioche bun was good, as was the rest of the salad and onion relish and the waitress was also really nice. For what you pay there are so many other local places to eat that are cheaper and tastier. I think this is way overpriced for what you get and I dont think I'd go back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Skinnys G, Manager at Skinny's, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello Macphee24
Thanks for leaving us a review. I’d obviously like to start by saying I’m sorry you found the food bland and disappointing and that your burger hadn’t been wrapped properly.
We do offer a daily special burger of the day, written on our blackboard on the restaurant, I’m sorry if this wasn’t pointed out to you. The burgers are not baked, they are cooked on our grill, and again I can only apologise that you found them to be overcooked.
With our 2 for 1 burger deal we think we are offering a great quality for the price, I think if you decided to visit us again we could prove to you what Skinny’s can offer. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Glasgow
“Great burger, nice neighbourhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We popped in for a 2 for 1 burger on a weeknight. Have tried lots of the burger war restaurants and have been incredibly unimpressed by a few of the most overhyped contenders. For clarity - my favourites are Meathammer and Lebowskis while I found Burger Meats Bun pretty disappointing and Buddys downright terrible.

This was just a cheeky wee evening meal for us, but we were really impressed. There's a choice between a pretzel bun and a brioche bun, which is nice. We both had beef burgers with Isle of Mull cheddar on brioche buns. The service was lovely and friendly, our orders came out quickly - the burger itself was great - thick, meaty burger, bun was not overly sweet and it didn't disintegrate as some brioche buns do. The portion of fries we ordered to share was a proper size! None of this ramekin of fries rubbish. Nice, salty, skinny fries. Overall, good fast food, well executed. Beats the hell out of Buddys. Bill came to £20 including a pint and a milkshake, which was refreshingly reasonable.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Skinnys G, Manager at Skinny's, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hello Avobravo
What a lovely review, we very much appreciate it, I have to agree, there are a lot of speciality burger restaurants in Glasgow at the moment, just goes to show how much everyone loves a burger – we’re now spoiled for choice!
I’m glad you were impressed with Skinny’s, and I hope we can continue to do so, as we make our mark on the big bad city!
Hope to welcome you in again soon
glasgow
“one of the worst over hyped burger joints ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

visited here before christmas, already suitable excited by all the hype and 'reviews' (clearly friends and associates who think some shoddy burger war PR will fool anyone) i suppose the guys have done their best to decorate it, although it has been left looking part done, some bits cool, some bits still like a greasy spoon cafe.

now for the food- it was AWFUL! i like my burger medium, i sent mines back straight away as it was raw, clearly skillet or whatever was luekwarm, so pinker than pink and dripping in grease, no flavour, and chewy- could tell was poor meat. upon polite complaint, server stipulated they are 'served like that' and would replace, however my partners, although still tasteless, was somehow cooked better. replacement burger turns up 15 mins later, still pink inside and tasting no better, left most of it.

we also ordered a side of macaroni which came served the same as the fries (in a little metal tin lined with greaseproof paper. fine for fries, terrible for mac, it is a liquid sauce, literally had to be fished out.

drinks were two cans of coke no draught available. what did we get for all our trouble? the two £1.50 for the cans of coke removed from bill. server somewhat apologetic but in that way that only because he couldnt be bothered to handle the complain properly. avoid- there are 20 places in glasgow i could think of who could make a better burger with their eyes shut.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Skinnys G, Manager at Skinny's, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hi Nicola m,
Firstly, let me start by apologising for experience you had in Skinny’s in December. Obviously this is not the type of experience we wish for our guests. Many changes have been implemented over the last few weeks (including myself joining the team), and I would like to reassure you this should never happen again.
Our menu does say burgers are cooked medium to medium rare, although it also says you can request any other way, which we are more than willing to oblige.
I’m sorry you felt your server couldn’t be bothered, this should obviously never be the case, we take our customer service very seriously at Skinny’s and welcome all feedback.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have a new, enhanced menu, I hope that should you decide to visit us again, we can restore your faith in Skinny’s.