“Great place, good food, beautiful room, wonderful service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Enjoy

Enjoy
393- 395 Great Western Road | Glasgow, Glasgow G4 9HY, Scotland (Formerly Enjoy glasgow)
+44 141 334 6622
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 1,974 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy is a family-run restaurant on Great Western Road, nestled elegantly in the heart of the West End. With an emphasis on seasonal and local produce, we pride ourselves in bringing fresh and exciting flavours to contemporary Scottish cooking, all in a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and hospitality.
NC
“Great place, good food, beautiful room, wonderful service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

As always, I start reading tripadvisor reviews and they led us here. On a wet Sunday evening we were the only table there but it still felt like a lovely environment with great but unobtrusive service. The room was beautiful and the staff gave every impression that they sincerely cared that we enjoyed our visit. The food was very good, reasonably priced and I am sure will evolve over time. I say that because the owner was genuinely interested in feedback. I don't live in Glasgow anymore and there seem to be so many new restaurants, I would definitely keep this one in mind.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“First impressive visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Despite a bit of a hiccup with the 3 plate selection for lunch (they didn't quite get the selection we made right even after 2 attempts) this bistro was a lovely find (I'd followed other recommendations here on Tripadvisor). Very good food, delicious flavours and excellent service - yes they gave us two free coffees to make up for the mistake. Will be back next time I'm in Glasgow!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Goodbye great cafe, hello great bistro!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Dropped by Enjoy for a coffee the other day and found myself in a whole new world!

The homely cafe has transformed into a classy bistro... luckily I hadn't had lunch so I stayed.

Personally I love the new space - seems about twice the size it was; I'm not a great fan in general of exposed stone etc but it's beautifully done with nice furniture and an interesting view into the kitchen.

The food was fantastic and very good value; £7.50 for three tapas plates which were all just perfect - a kind of near-eastern style with a little Glasgow fusion and it really works. (Nothing pretentious, that was my description not theirs...)

So I'm going to miss the cafe, but will go here without doubt if I'm by Kelvinbridge at lunchtime - and if you're in the city in the evening you could do a lot worse than getting the subway out here, it's as good as anything in town and half the price.

“My favourite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this place! I've been going here for years as the food is great and the owners are lovely. Really like the new design, new menu and that it's open late again. Good all rounder from a take away coffee to a gorgeous evening meal - I highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasant but not spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stopped by for lunch. Was a bit put off by the fact that it was after one o'clock and the place was empty but after we arrived another three tables became occupied.

The service and ambiance of the place was very good indeed. Nice surroundings.

Unfortunately although the food was filling it was disappointing in taste. Everything seemed tomato based and sweet. I think the addition of honey to most dishes managed to overcome any other sensation. One exception to this was the chickpea, onion and green chilli fritters, dish which was dry and lacking in chilli.

I would try this place again but only if I was passing, certainly not worth going out of your way for.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere