“Decent burger but not amazing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Burger Meats Bun (BMB)

Burger Meats Bun (BMB)
48A West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 2RA, Scotland
+44 141 353 6712
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #219 of 1,836 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Burger Meats Bun our philosophy is to utilise the attention to detail, pride and constant drive for quality that has been ingrained into us through our years of working in some of Scotland's best restaurants. We focus on quality of choice rather than quantity. Heavenly wings, awesome fries & Burgers. But Better. Throw in some quality beers, liquor, a few good tunes & our brilliant team of fellow burgers and you have us in, well...A bun! At the heart of what we do is a dedicated team of awesome, artisanal supplier. In Jonathan Honeyman of the Aberfoyle Butcher we are lucky to have one of Scotland's leading 'meat scientists' sourcing the best beef out there. Paired with the finest cheese from expert affixer George Mewes and washed down with handcrafted ale from the award winning Cromarty Brewery, there are no boundaries when sourcing the best for all you burger disciples! Even our slow grown chicken & brioche buns are fit for the most avid burger aficionado. Our handwork paid off when we won James vs Burger's Best Burger in Glasgow in our first year. Our fantastic support had a massive part to play in that too and we can't thank you all enough! Well we can, by assuring we will keep striving to feed you burgers. But Better.
kirkcaldy
“Decent burger but not amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

Tried here with a few mates, had a cheeseburger with added bacon and the Thai fries. The burger was really juicy, but not big in meaty flavour and not much bacon on it. Also the server never asked how I would liked it cooked, I do like it medium which it came as, but my mate prefers his burger well done and he got his medium as well.

The fries were again ok, did taste as though they had been made earlier and then heated up in a microwave or had been left under a heat lamp for too long.

Everyone else in our group had similar thoughts, although one of our group ordered the MacNuggets, small bite sized macaroni pieces in breadcrumbs that are deepfried. He raved about them.

Only real down note was that we ordered glasses of water, they came with a small slice of cucumber. Two of the glasses had brown edges cucumber, which were quickly removed by us. Looked like someone had left a half sliced cucumber out and the then didn't bother to chuck away the edge that was exposed to the air.

Overall, in decent lunch, but nothing that would make me be in a hurry to go back. I was a bit letdown with the experience, better burgers elsewhere in Glasgow, that is not short on upmarket burger bars.

Although the server made a few wee mistakes, the guy was really sound and was very friendly throughout.

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 via mobile

I saw the postive reviews of this place on trip advisor and thought I would give it ago. Well I was pleasantly surprise that the reviews were right. I never waited long for a seat and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The menu had so many different things I wanted to try. I order a 2x2 burger with cheese. The food was good and affordable. I would definitely go back.

Visited April 2015
glasgow
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

My boyfriend loves burgers so we like to try a new burger restaurant every now and then. Having heard such great things about BMB I was really looking forward to it.

I called about 30 mins before we arrived to try and book a table but they said we couldn't as they only take bookings for tables of 6 or more. When we got there we waited no more than 10 minutes to be seated.

I ordered the smokin bacon and my boyfriend had the fiery burger (I think that's what it was called.) We ordered a portion of chips each and a sharing portion haggis popcorn. The food was pretty quick and came in 'fast food' style wrappers. The burger was perfectly cooked medium rare and was served in a lovely brioche bun. The only downside to the burger was the bacon, it was very fatty. Other than that it was very nice. The chips we had were not nice at all. They were very well cooked to the point where they were just crispy with little potato left inside. From what I seen a lot of the other chips other people had ordered looked the same. They were also very, very greasy. The haggis popcorn was nice but the 'burger sauce' they served it with wasn't up to much. The meal came to about £25 for the 2 of us which is quite reasonable.

All in all I've had nicer burgers elsewhere and the chips were rubbish so I don't think I would go back as I've had better food for the same price.

“Tasty food, good cocktails and fab service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Visits with a group for a friends birthday. The menu is very simple and is a choice of burgers, as expected. We enjoyed a range of cocktails which were reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and attentive.
The food was served in paper wrappers and boxes and although looks like fast food, tastes great!
I would definitely recommend.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cool place, friendly staff, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

The "American burger join" feel is a great change to the normal way of dining. Food is served in boxes and paper like a fast food restaurant, (querky), but is much more delicious. There are not many options on the menu, but when you here what they are your mouth will water. Great combinations of burgers that I would never have dreamed off come to life when you unwrap the masterpiece before you. The staff are extreamly helpful, suggesting diferent items along with giving you there personal favorites. The drinks they serve are "trendy" so don't expect them to have your usual beverave, but thats also what makes this place great. Its not your boring "normal", its fun, its relaxed, its cool, and most of all its tasty.
Would definatly go again, and plan too.

Cheers Guys