“Great Burgers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burger Meats Bun (BMB)

Burger Meats Bun (BMB)
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The service in BMB was really good, visited on a Sunday afternoon & got a table no bother. The burgers & fries were top notch & although they don't have a kids menu they catered for our son no bother & he loved the chicken burger, my only complaint would be the buffalo wings which to me weren't cooked long enough, instead of being crispy they were a bit like jelly not good at all but apart from that everything else was great & would definitely recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow
“Excellent food and customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The food here is outstandingly good. Burgers were delicious, the beef tender and perfectly seasoned and cooked. Fries and coleslaw on the side were superb.

The service couldn't be faulted, the only reason full marks are withheld is that the background music was a little intrusive.

Highly recommended!

“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

These guys are turning out some tasty burgers for sure. A beautiful little place nestled downstairs on West Regent street made up of reclaimed wood and metal with a touch of humour in the design. The beers are all hand picked finery at the top of their game. Never have I had such a juicy burger before. Top quality meat, served nice and medium rare (which is a treat in this day and age) with every care taken to produce the finest mouthfuls you can imagine. Not a jar in sight! The chilli fries are amazing and a must for me. I always order them extra hot, so they put in additional chillies and some Tabasco for extra measure.

The desserts are a bit of a let down, but ingeniously put together in the case of the burger and shake. The doughnuts and chocolate sauce could do with pimping up as I found the sauce watery and the dough was not the best sadly, but hey it is a burger joint! It would also be an idea for the server to ask how one would like the meat cooked? As some may not find a rare burger appealing? Hand made ketchup would be cool too? But hey..... I never use the condiments as there is just no need.

So glad they have introduced a new loyalty card, and a sustainable one too. All in all I cannot recommend going in here more highly enough! The Facebook/twitter feed is awesome and lets you know what specials are on that day. Look out for these as they are outstanding burger craftsmanship.

Well done James and Ben.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
glasgow
“Nothing special!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

There are lots of grills and burger bars opening up in and around glasgow and my husband is on a mission to visit them all.

We went to burger meats bun in glasgow for lunch last week and had high hopes since it only sells burgers. The decor was nice, the place was busy and had a nice atmosphere so we got off to a good start.

My husband went for the smoked bacon burger and I opted for their chicken and bacon burger and we ordered the hai cheese fries to share. We waited for a fair bit but didn't mind as its fresh. The food arrived and the burgers are wrapped in paper like in fast food outlets. I opened up mine to see I actually had my husbands smoked bacon burger and have to admit was glad it wasn't mine - it was very sloppy and all over the place and seemed quite heavy and soggy. The husband ate it and said it was ok. My chicken and bacon burger had been described on the menu as confit of chicken leg with bacon and salsa verde, I took a bite and was almost sick as the chicken leg had the full fatty bit of skin covering it and this is what I bit off!yuk! The bacon was soggy and the fa not crispy at all and the salsa verde just tasted of mint. I sent it back and the staff were ice and offered my something else but I just knew I wouldn't be impressed with another burger. The Thai chilli cheese chips were ok but have to say, I think you will get much better burgers and fries elsewhere is glasgow. I just reviewed the meat bar and their sliders were far superior to here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

limited menu but what they have is fantastic, three of us went for dinner we had the hot burger, plain and the one with bacon and we are still raving about all three, the wings on the side and chips were fantastic, would highly recommend not ridiculously expensive but not cheap