“Something different” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My Daughter and I enjoyed a deli platter to share as part of a living social deal, the platter was great and we were offered substitutes for the wine which was part of the deal but we didn't want. The platter was more than enough for 2 with 2 cheeses, a pate, 2 types of cured meats, 2 chutneys, toast, olives, sundried tomatoes and a lovey fresh salad. I had a tea for one and my Daughter had a soft drink, great value at £12 so if this deal comes back up I would highly recommend.

The Plum tree was bigger than expected, nice place to sit and chill out and watch the world go by. The guy who welcomed us was really nice, explained to us what was on our platter and where it was sourced from.

The items on sale were really good and id like to come back again to purchase and try other items on the menu.

I would make a couple of suggestions, one of our cheeses was a blue cheese, it may be an idea to ask what strength of cheese is preferred as whilst it was good to try the cheese half was wasted as it was just too pungent for us. Also after our original server went off shift no one came near us to ask if everything was ok or if we wanted another drink or dessert, which we did but decided to get at our next destination. I don't like over attentive waiting staff but some attention would have been good.

All in all a great new find and we would return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Perth, United Kingdom
“Great coffee and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

How lovely to drink delicious coffee from an independent retailer. We recieved the warmest welcome and had the most delicious coffee and a perfect croissant, warmed in the oven with butter and jam. I hesitate to share our positive experience because we would love to keep this gem to ourselves and fear that it might become rather difficult to get a table in the future! We would love to have stayed for lunch as the menu looked delicious, all local ingredients and we recognised lots of familiar Scottish produce on the shelves. However, it's selfish not to share and we've challenged our son's view that you can't get a decent cup of coffee outside of the West End! We'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Said I would be back and not disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place continues to thrill me. Delicious food, excellent service, I love the sharing platter They even help you to try tasters of stuff to buy and take home, the up side of this being a great deli too. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Sublime Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Order the 2 specials for 2 for the table which was more than enough fantastic flavours. The deals were fondue and canapés with a bottle of wine and 2 pâtés, 2 cheese, chutney, olives, mix of meats and toast also with a bottle of wine. My dad and partner didn't want the wine and were pleasantly surprised with the range of bottles beers that they were invited to select. The food was in abundance and we certainly didn't go hungry. Fantastic chilled atmosphere and very friendly staff. We even purchased a jar of rum coffee which I am looking forward to trying out at Christmas. Would recommend thoroughly and I will definitely return.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I don't know if it was good or not - didnt get served”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I walked through to merchant city on a quiet Sunday at 3pm specifically to get the cocotte on from the all day breakfast menu. I'd had it previously and quite liked it.

When I I arrived there were two tables of two and a table of four eating, so I grabbed a menu, then went to the counter to order. The guy behind the counter explained that he'd been really busy and wasn't keen on cooking anything else.

So yeah, the cocotte used to be good, but I can't say if it still is.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I am very disappointed to read this review, as I am sure you were disappointed not to be served. I wholeheartedly apologise and will speak to the staff on at the time.

I would like to invite you back to the Plum Tree so that I can treat you to a complimentary eggs cocotte. Please email me on jo@theplumtree.uk.com so that I can arrange this with you. Kindest regards Jo