“nice one” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Leeds, United Kingdom
“nice one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a late lunch in this place couple of months ago while I was visiting my friends in Glasgow.
Have to tell, this place nothing what I expected. First I didnt event want to walk in but my friend said I will not gonna leave by disappointed. She was right. The food is delicious and the costumer service is perfect. Nice , smiling, friendly waitresses everywhere :) I really liked it.
We had the sharing Platter what was amazing. Too bad I did not make any photos.
I cant wait my next visit to Glasgow, to visit this place again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fife
“Sharing Platter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the second time we have shared a platter at the Plum Tree in Glasgow. Once again it was absolutely delicious . Highly recommend .

Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us positive feedback. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Plum Tree and hope we see you again soon. Jo and the Plum Tree Team
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited last weekend for the first time, judging by all the great reviews. We ordered soup (they had not updated the menu from previous day). The soup was delicious although could have been much hotter! We weren't offered condiments either. When my husband went to pay the bill, he was quite put off by the lack of hygiene behind the counter. We would not return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Joanne T, Owner at The Plum Tree, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I'm disappointed to read your review and obviously wish you'd had a better experience with us as so many other's have.

To respond to your points

- the specials boards are updated each morning. If we sell out of a dish, we need to climb ladders to update the boards and for health and safety reasons won't do this when diners are in. Instead your waiting staff will have advised you verbally of the current soup available - it hasn't proven to be an issue before and not sure why this was worthy of a mention.

- if your soup wasn't as hot as you would have liked I apologise for this, however, we would have liked the opportunity to rectify this for you had you let us know at the time. I apologise if you weren't offered condiments, as you should have been.

- we have an open kitchen at The Plum Tree and at busier times it can look less than perfect in terms of tidiness whilst we clear tables and put dishes and glasses through the appropriate washers, however, I can assure you that in terms of cleanliness we are hyper-aware and proactive in upholding the highest standards at all times.

We have recently had a full annual review by environmental services and passed with flying colours - our certificate is on display should you need proof of this.

I am sorry we won't be seeing you again at The Plum Tree
Glasgow
“The best customer experience I've had for a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to The Plum Tree for a cheap girls dinner out (we bought a deal through living social). We were 30 mins late due to taxi's, but although we did call ahead to communicate this - we were expecting a frosty receptions - like so many other purveyors of groupon, itison, living social deals. We could not have been more wrong!
We were warnmly welcomed at the door and were soon quaffing lovely red wine in the modern, cosy atmosphere. Our 'deal' was a deli platter and each component was described in detail by the owner (who is absolutely fantastic btw)!.
Beautiful food, lovely wine and fantastic service - what more could you ask for? Being offered blankets when we went outside for a naughty cigarette? YES! Thank you for a lovely evening - we will be back soon and will recommend to many others!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
aberdeen
“A good find in merchant city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Impressed by this place-the weather forecast was shocking, so I wanted to book at short notice, no problem. Great location, near Boudoir wine bar (cool). a good , well appointed café style, with open plan kitchen. ordered a platter for two with a decent bottle of wine. I was not disappointed.
a good mix of cheese, pates, chutney, cold meats. Good natured , attentive service.
as Arnie said-"I will be back!"