“Fab!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was shopping in the west end last week and popped into BoBar on the recommendation of a trusted friend. It did not disappoint! My husband and I were served by the worlds friendliest waitress, Megan, who made it seem like nothing was too much of a bother for her and also made us some delicious cocktails, i don't know what mine was called but it had a great gingery taste and was a perfect winter warmer for a cold day! My husband also really enjoyed his mojito.

The food, although quite basic, was really tasty. I had a pulled pork sandwich and a side of the chunky chips which were just to die for! My husband went for a burger with haggis and jalapeños, an odd combination but he devoured it!

All in all, a lovely place for a quick bite to eat and some great drinks, we will be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Food was horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Popped into the BoBar this afternoon with my mum and sister for a coffee and quick bite to eat - unfortunately. We each ordered a cheeseburger from the very limited menu, which was served with potato skins which were both cold and coated in salt. The burger although hot was also so salty it was disgusting. When we pointed out the problem to the staff the meal was taken back to the kitchen and the chef returned the plate saying he thought it ok. On the bright side the staff were very attentive and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Have to be in a group or be a man to get service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wow!! I don't know what it takes to get service in this place. I have gone in this bar in my hotel twice and have been completely ignored. Is it because I am a woman? Is it because I am by myself? Not sure, but if they don't wait on you, and you don't go out, the alternatives are the more expensive restaurant or room service.

This place does not deserve anyone's business!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow
“Above & Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wee trip to Bobar, top of Byres Road, was just lovely. Visited in September so apologies for taking so long to write this review. Kept the receipt as really needed to remember the name of the young waitress who served us and only just found it.

Have been here a number of times and service has always been good, food not always so. However, we always stuck to tried and trusted steak sandwich to share. This particular day we hadn’t noticed that the menu had changed and just ordered the usual. What we received was not what we thought we had ordered, bearing in mind we hadn’t looked at the menu. The young woman. Chelsea, was just fantastic.

Albeit different to what we thought we ordered, it was very poor and would have returned it anyway. Chelsea took it back immediately and from what I can gather roasted the kitchen staff for such a poor ‘steak sandwich’ (which was more bread and less meat). The result was a beautifully cooked steak in a sandwich, which was bursting at the seams. She indicated that she had spoken to the head chef who was also very concerned at what we had been presented with. The result: we had a fantastic steak sandwich, complete with crunchy crisps which are not on this menu but was on the old one (I always loved the crunchy crips) Chelsea had in fact gone out to the shop to buy them specially! Sandwich was taken off the bill too!

Thank you Chelsea, overheard you say to a young trainee ‘easy, customers smiling – that’s how it should be’. You are so right and thank you for taking care of us. Hilton Hotel take note of this lovely and very efficient young woman. She always has a very cheery disposition and makes one smile before one even orders! Top marks young lady!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wigan
“Good food and wine, reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good selection of wines, at quite reasonable prices, and we ate there, again good food at reasonable prices. The service is very good here, and the staff always smiley, which is nice. My husband had indigestion one night, and bar staff made him a cup of ginger tea, which did the trick. A lively bar, not for one seeking peace and quiet.

Visited October 2013