“Craft Beer Bar?” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #327 of 1,870 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Open Now in Glasgow's West End...a quality craft ale pub with a unique range of contemporary craft & cask beers alongside great fresh food, real coffee & fab wines!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Craft Beer Bar?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place confused us, we went because it advertised as a craft beer bar with guest craft beers on tap. However, we found it to be stocked with the usual suspects such as Peroni Tennants, Schiehallion etc. We are both big fans of craft beers and found this disappointing. We managed to find a bottle of Brewdog and the hightailed it to the brewdog bar instead once we had it. We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food. The place itself is nice with friendly staff, but not what we were looking for or expected. Its not a craft beer bar.

• Visited October 2013
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hi Sammidoo,

Firstly thanks for your feedback. Sorry if you were disappointed with the beers we had on that day. As well as some of our house products, Tennents, Estrella etc, we have 6 rotating keg and cask products which change regularly meaning we can keep our craft beer offer as fresh as possible whilst still offering a range of drinks to those who prefer something a bit less crafty.

I'm sure next time you are in we will have something on which you would like.

Thanks

London, United Kingdom
“Nice pub, great beer, good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited glasgow last week and do about 10 pubs over the weekend, Munros was the first if the night, lovely bar, love the decor, great selection of beers, food was good, nothing special, I don't think the food compliments the good drinks range, staff are polite, all in all a nice pub with good atmosphere!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully see you again soon.

Cheers,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No Complaints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We came here today using an itison voucher and both got chillie hot dogs which we both enjoyed.

I noticed they do two pizzas for a tenner, so I would probably return to try that.

The staff very friendly and helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi

Thanks for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your hot dogs and look forward to seeing you back in for our classic deal as well.

Cheers,
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We ate near on Saturday night after having it on our list as a new local to try.

We really enjoyed it, the place looks lovely inside and there was a nice (not too) lively atmosphere. Service staff were attentive as we walked in and where every attentive throughout the meal.

I really enjoyed the food, it's great value and there is a wide choice. I had the whitebait to start which was well presented, a good sized portion and tasted great. I went with the sweet potato curry as a main. Again well presented and really lovely flavours. They also do glasses of (very nice) prosecco for £3.50! The pizza was also amazing! Very thin crust and tasted better than some I've ate in Italy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi there!
Thanks for reviewing us!
We are thrilled you had a great time and looking forward to having you in the venue again soon!

Cheers!
“The great itison swindle....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having purchased an itison voucher , which states it can be used 7 days a week, I called to book a table for tonight. I was told that this was fine until I mentioned I was using a voucher. I was then told that they would not be accepting vouchers tonight but I could however have a table if I was willing to pay again.
The voucher clearly states that it is valid 7 days a week, I have already paid munros for a meal and there is clearly availability so what exactly the gameplan is here is beyond me. Shouldn't be running deals if not willing to honour them.

Voucher does indeed state that deal is 'subject to availability' .... from what I could gather there were tables and food available so not sure what exactly was in short supply. Way to build a reputation, treating potential customers like total mugs !

Scam! Disappointing.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Munros G, Manager at Munro's, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hi there,
We are happy to welcome you to the venue to use your voucher until the end of September, at any point, there are no restrictions placed. As the voucher suggests, advanced booking is essential and this is a requirement due to the items available on the deal. This is in order for us to ensure that each customer who books, receives the deal to its fullest potential. I will discuss the issues you have raised in your review with the team further, I believe wires were crossed in delivering this message and this should have been made clearer by our staff.

I apologise for the experience you had on the phone when trying to book and hope you can email us at munros@maclay.co.uk to discuss further. Thank you for making us aware of this incident, I can ensure you customer experience is our highest priority and we are constantly ensuring that we strive for the best.