“Perfect First Date Venue” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Bistro, Wine Bar, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect First Date Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had passed this place a few times and was often curious, so finally went in on Friday night. It was ambient and classy, with well set tables and friendly staff; a Woodlands-y Epicures, if you will. We were torn between the chicken and eggs and pulled pork fajitas and both settled on the pork, in an attempt at avoiding potential food envy. It was pretty good, the pork was spicy and all the sides were there, but I'm not entirely convinced that they were made in-house. Pulled pork is difficult to pull of and I have been disappointed a few times. This was by no means perfect, but it was one of the better versions I have had; not helped by the sizzling hot plates - yes, they kept it warm, but they also dried it out a fair bit. I did wish I had gone with the chicken and eggs in the end...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Stylish and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I popped in here for Sunday lunch. The food was fantastic and we will definitely go back. It's really stylish inside. I have a friend coming to Glasgow and I have a feeling I will be taking her here.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastlc ambience , great food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I found the richmond very relaxing excellent food served in generous portions at affordable prices , the staff clearly have passion for providing a good level of service

wrexham
“Chilled out attmosphere, excellent service and fantastic value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was extremely impressed with the richmond and will definately return. If I lived in glasgow it would be my local. It has a very chilled out attmosphere. Food is excellent, served promptly and very good value for money. Good selection of drinks.The staff are very friendly and approachable. Nothing was too much trouble. The toilets, are absolutely the best I have seen, so clean, modern. I will be recommending this establishment to family and friends.

Lanark, United Kingdom
“Have be become a happy regular.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My partner and I come here often for a bit of dinner when staying in Glasgow. Every time we visit the food is great and the staff are friendly and just attentive enough.
The style of food is very mixed and always beautifully presented, good value for money and very tasty! Great drinks selection and cocktails.
The decor is relaxing and warm, lots of wood and soft lighting. Bit of a hike downstairs to the toilet but the restrooms are lovely and always clean.
Could have a stronger wifi signal throughout the whole place, the back of the restaurant is very nice to sit in with a view of the river but I always sit at the front as there is no signal through the back.
I always wonder why it's not busier here?!
Highly recommended.