“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
scotland
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We went for Afternoon Tea yesterday, I had bought a voucher from groupon! Unlike any other establishment I've been to the groupon deal is obviously much poorer than the regular tea which was evident because the people sitting on both sides of us had more sandwiches which looked much better! What we did get tasted nice, portions were very small. I showed the staff my voucher on my phone when I sat down and they said it was fine! During our tea a waitress came over and said she needed to see the voucher again and she lurked around until she made notes from it! This was very uncomfortable and unprofessional, won't be back and won't recommend. Anyone giving this 5 stars obviously have not been for afternoon tea elsewhere!

• Visited November 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“not what expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Don't know about the afternoon tea everyone has reviewed but can thoroughly recommend the chilli dogs, chilli and cheese fries and the deep fried pickles - the waiter/barman was extremely attentive and informative and made us feel welcome. Would definitely go back. We did not venture upstairs where they serve the afternoon tea but had our lunch in the bar which was very quiet.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“3rd time having afternoon tea!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

i have been into saint judes 3 different times now over the past year. Each time i have used a Groupon Voucher (costing around £14).

On each occasion the service i have recieved has been quite good! The nibbles (things like cakes scones etc) have all been very tasty and have been displayed lovely on the cake stand.

The two previous occasions i have the cocktails (cosmos) which where very nice and on this occasion i had some fizz!

Would recommend mamasan's to anyone who enjoys cocktails/fizz and is wanting to catch up with friends as its perfect for that!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing afternoon tea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

Just returned from st Jude's with a groupon voucher deal . Ok it was only £14 on deal for 2 , but I thought the idea of these deals was to get you to want to come back. No way!

On arriving , we were told the deal covered the sandwiches and cake, and a glass of prosecco, but wee would have to pay for any tea of coffee. ( personally we thought afternoon tea would include the tea)Or we could upgrade and instead of 2 glasses of the included prosecco, for a tenner we could have a bottle. You don't expect to sit down and get "informed" with upgrades. Really poor afternoon tea, and we hadn't even finished when the waitress, who seemed to be in some challenge not to smile for the entire duration, asked if we had finished with the cake stand, and took it away. It seemed our experience was to be short lived. We paid the £5 for the half filled pot of tea and left.
The room had no atmosphere, and the service was pretty flimsy.
Ok I realise it was a deal, but basically they couldn't care less, but they saved us money as we had fully intended going downstairs for a few drinks, but decided to go to a pleasant bar.

It's also worth noting, the room they use is upstairs, and we were behind a poor woman who had trouble getting up the stairs. That's nit the establishments fault, but worth noting before anyone with mobility issues books, unless st Jude's offer some help, though this poor lady wasn't.

Oh , dud I give them a chance to put it right ? On leaving we did say, is it usual you sell afternoon tea without the tea? Before I had even finished the question, the reply was, it is stated on your voucher..... That WAS my fault I admit . I checked the dates etc, didn't think on looking for tea not being served with afternoon tea. Obviously the question I asked wasn't the first time it was asked

Personally speaking, I wouldn't return here again. I have had afternoon teas before, and they have been better by far. .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
barrow in furness
“Lovely afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

Got the offer on groupon. Paid very little for a lovely afternoon tea for 4 of us. The room wasn't quite what I expected from pictures, it's more modern. But the sandwiches and cakes were lovely. As we had sparkling afternoon tea we had to pay extra for tea, £5 for a pot of tea for 2 which I thought was a little steep. But no complaints. The reason for 4/5 is that I have had a number of afternoon teas now and it wasn't the best one, but it was lovely. It also isn't huge so don't expect a feast

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere