“Nice decor but could do with a bigger choice on the menu!” 4 of 5 stars

1415520902
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #199 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen, Dessert, Seafood, Scottish, Contemporary, International, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice decor but could do with a bigger choice on the menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My first thought was that the restaurant looked nice and it had been decorated to a high standard. The menu didn't have a wide selection on it but we managed to pick something we usually like.

I went for the onion soup, which was horrible. It didn't look the best nor did it taste the best. I don't like leaving food but I had to. The waitress asked what was wrong with the soup, so I told her. She very kindly said she would remove it from the bill which I thought was nice.

I had steak for my main with the market butter and it was lovely! I really enjoyed it. My partner had the burger which he seemed to enjoy too.

Overall, the restaurant looks nice and the staff are all nice but I think they need to widen their menu, there was only about 5 things to choose from at each course. I don't know if I'd be in a rush to go back but, as I said, the main was good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dornoch
“Worth the recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We read about this restaurant in The Week magazine and booked it on the strength of that. Although we arrived half an hour early, this was no problem. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the dishes. I started wth crispy beef, while my husband chose warm salmon salad. We each said it was the tastiest starter we had ever tasted. Mains were just as good. We couldn't manage pudding. Coffee was also first class. The atmosphere was warm and informal. We look forward to returning.

• Visited March 2013
Falkirk
“Breakfast break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Simple things done well. Popped in for poached eggs on toast and a black coffee. Really hit the spot. Nice service and good location.

Visited February 2013
London, UK
“First class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited for the first time and will be returning soon after this experience. We both has the Sea Bream which was delicious - really fresh and cooked perfectly. It's not often that I'd comment about a salad ordered as a side dish but we really enjoyed the market salad, which had things you don't usually find in a restaurant salad like cornichons and sliced cauliflower. The desserts were excellent too, particularly the orange and poppyseed cake. Attention to detail (towards the food and the decor/interior design) is what sets this place apart from its competition and I look forward to returning.

• Visited February 2013
Scotland
“Our latest favourite place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Been twice now and both times brilliant. Good menus with lots of choice, pretty inexpensive. Good wine list, lots by the glass. Nice modern decor with huge picture windows, so nice and airy. Both times we've been has been really busy, a good sign for a new restaurant in January! Best of all the waiting staff are fantastic. We've had the same waitress both times, very cheery and efficient. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013