“Panda House is a top Chinese restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,213 of 1,876 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Panda House is a top Chinese restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

After our very first visit here, we dined in the restaurant, and had it completely to ourselves! It was incredible. Tastefully decorated and felt secretive and secluded, unlike a lot of other similar restaurants. Then, we were hooked.
The quality of the food is outstanding, and we have since become regulars of the takeaway. It is always delivered promptly, the food is considerately and lovingly packed, and we love the little extras like the spring rolls. It's a lovely touch that shows personal appreciation.
We order take away most frequently. I love the salt and chili tofu, and the deep fried seaweed. The Malaysian chicken stay is also a winner. My wife's favourite's are the chicken fried rice and the pork and prawn dumplings.
I would truly recommend Panda house to anybody, we -always- do.
The prices are exceptionally good, and the quality of the food is amazing and has been consistently good every single time.
Thank you, Panda house! :)

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“If there was a Panda living here it would make up for the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a quick take away review of two dishes only. Probably needs a restaurant return visit for a more comprehensive review, but I'm now reluctant to return.

Had heard good things about this place and as I was in the area thought I'd grab a takeaway dinner for a Friday night treat.

It's a restaurant with a take away section to the front. Friendly staff took my order of Chicken and Sweetcorn soup and a duck curry with chips.

The soup was very watery and extremely bland, little or no seasoning. A very poor effort, possibly the worst I've personally had from a Chinese restaurant. I was now worried about my curry.

The Duck Curry was a good portion size, the sauce was of a nice consistency but was quite bland, no real flavour. The curry flavour was just there and no more and there was absolutely no kick at all from the dish. The duck was quite dry and chewy and was, to be blunt, ruined. but there were some nice onions in there. The chips were ok. An average dish at best (I'm being a bit generous)

Like I said, probably would need a return visit to sit in to taste different dishes, but because of the lack lustre nature of what I've just had I'd be reluctant to return and spend any more money here.

When people submit excellent or very good reviews on a place it would be helpful if they said what they had and why it was so good which would help others to make better choices from a menu. Just a thought.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Mammoth portions, shame about the beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

With my girlfriend and her Italian friend we went down the A77 from Shawlands for a meal at the Previously tried and tested Panda House.

The restaurant is on a busy part of Pollokshaws Rd between Allison Street and Nithsdale Rd/Torrisdale Street and is on a few bus routes and beside Queens Park train station. Set among tenements, Panda House is petite yet not cramped.

The food is authentically Chinese and very good quality - the portions were big.

The service staff were very attentive and pleasant to deal with.

However, the pint of lager I ordered was not the greatest; in fact, it tasted as if it had been watered down with Sparkling mineral water. I hope this can be improved on.

In summary, I recommend the food and staff 100 per cent. The beer was a disappointment but it wouldn't stop me returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glasgow
“Really good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Takeaway delivered down to Giffnock promptly and still hot. Really nice braised pork dish for main, however not as spicy as suggested on the menu. Crispy chilli beef starter was lovely too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Not been to this restaurant for well over a year food was not bad back then but me & my husband went in on Sat 1st of Feb for his Birthday, I got Chicken & sweet corn with boiled rice it was tasteless & a horrible burnt taste of the chicken & sauce was not very nice. My husband had prawns they were tasty enough but they had a coating on them & we were convinced they were from a frozen food shop. Will never be going back as it ain't cheap either,could have had a better meal in town for the same price, avoid this restaurant if you can x

• Visited February 2014