Save Saved
You added Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries
141 West Nile Street | St Andrew House, Glasgow G1 2RN, Scotland (City Centre)   |
Ranked #2 of 90 hotels in Glasgow
SCOTLAND
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at the Premier Inn, Buchanan Street not long after it opened its doors for the first time. Great service from start to finish and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Our room was great, lovely view over Glasgow and we had a great nights sleep.
Its location is fantastic, cant wait to visit again,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

1,090 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
Halifax,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here 8/9. December - fabulous location opposite the concert hall & Buchanan Galleries shopping centre - near the bus station 2 mins & Glasgow central train station 15 mins walk.
Surrounded by lovely shops & restaurants - just in the heart of town.
We were on the 5th floor on a Saturday night - surprisingly quiet!!
We arrived early 11:15 & left our bags but didn't check in until after 6:30 - not a problem the staff were very helpful.
The reception is on the second floor - there are steps to enter the hotel but also disabled lift available.
The room was very clean. Tea & coffee available in the room - free view tv & plenty of towels.
The bed & pillows were comfy - had a good sleep - great shower in the morning too.
Breakfast was lovely - plenty of choice - and kids eat free.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012
Symbister, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've just spent two nights at this new Premier Inn that opened in early October. It was certainly a great addition to the Premier Inn chain.

Everything about it was just fine from check in to room, restuarant and check out. All staff very welcoming and friendly. I'll now use this as my preferred hotel when staying in Glasgow.

Room size was impressive!

Room Tip: Three high speed lifts make it easy and quick to get to and from all floors. I was on 15th floor and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed two nights on a business trip to Glasgow. The stay was perfect --well decorated, brand new room (so brand new it smells unopened!) where I slept undisturbed in a family room for a very reasonable price --£58 for two nights! I though it must be said that I booked this relatively early (at least 2 to 3 weeks). When I arrived, I used the self-service machine and all went smooth. Still, the staff at reception were still very corteous and asked if I needed any help. The room was great, temperature was fantastic and the staff were really helpful when asked for additional pillows. I slept fantastically well --no noise from the outside whatsoever even though the room was facing Sauchiehall St. I had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant the two days of my stay --food was nice (if you have been to a Premier Inn, the breakfast options are fairly standard throughout) and the restaurant itself is quite nice because a lot of light comes in through the wide windows and were I was sitting, I had a view toward the corner of Sauchiehall St and Buchanan St (for some reason, it felt quite nice to have breakfast watching the morning rush!). Staff at the restaurant were really friendly and helpful. The overall location of this hotel is very convenient as it is right in the city centre so lots happens for all kinds of visitors to the city and everything is at walking distance --bars, restaurants, the theatre, movie theatre, supermarket, and high street shops. I will definitely be staying there again when in Glasgow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Perfectly situated hotel, only open for about 3 months. Nice bar and restaurant, lovely buffet breakfast. Perfect location for Buchanan Galleries shopping centre, across the road, tour bus 150 yards away. Ask for a high floor for the views. We were given 401, which had wheelchair access. The room and bathroom were huge, but unnecessary. A standard room would have been preferable. Avoid 401. One criticism, the bar and restaurant are on the second floor, whilst the toilets are on the first floor. Inconvenient, but even worse when you are desperate and have forgotten your room key to gain access. Unnecessary and annoying. Still great value though.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Just back from a two night stay at this hotel and I was really happy with it. Great location, so close to shops, pubs, etc. Very friendly staff, nice bar area, and comfy room. Just two smallish gripes...I felt a bit unsafe stepping into the bath to use the shower, as the bath was quite high and I did slip coming out of it, and our room was on the third floor which was a bit disappointing as we would have loved a nicer view over the city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and as we go to Glasgow regularly to visit relatives, I will be using this hotel every time,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed for one night and, without doubt, will stay again if we need a room in Glasgow. We got a good deal by booking early at this nearly new hotel, which has an excellent location. The room was normal Premier Inn but had everything we wanted. The bar and restaurant were very stylish and we took advantage of the meal deal £23 each for three course dinner, glass of wine or beer, plus full breakfast and it was all excellent. Such a surprise. Having stayed in hotels recently in the USA which were four or five times what we paid here, we felt that it was better than most.

My only complaint was that the bath was very, very deep and slippery. So I slipped when trying to get a shower. Dangerous.

Apart from that, well done Premier Inn

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre Buchanan Galleries? Share your experiences!