“Probably the best buffet in Glasgow” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #783 of 1,884 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: At Cook and Indi's World Buffet we present to you, the 'World on a plate'. We let you travel the world through your taste buds, exploring an extensive choice of flavours and having the option to indulge in whatever style of food you desire! With a variety of dishes ranging from pizza to pastas, starters to salads, sushi to noodles, pakoras to curries; the Cook and Indi's World Buffet lets you enjoy the delicacies from around the world. With an amazing in-house service by extremely experienced staff and live cooking action; we make sure to delight you with an incredible food journey around the world.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Probably the best buffet in Glasgow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been to a few really poor Chinese buffet restaurants in Glasgow centre. Without exceptions, they've all been pretty poor.
The place really bucks that trend. Great selection of food....from starters through to desserts.
There really is something for everyone

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“It is what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good selection of food from around the world, including Indian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese amongst others.

The furnishings are worn and covered with food stains but you have to bear in mind that this is buffet place, with a high turn over of customers who are there to scoff as much as possible then walk.

Value is pretty decent, at around £15 for a buffet lunch and a drink with refills.

Would go back if I'm in need for 'all you can eat' buffet lunch or dinner.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Wow this place is amazing value and there is so much selection. The tough decision is what to try first! I'd certainly recommend giving this a try. I'm normally not a buffet fan, but the food was outstanding and nice and hot - not warm like other buffets

Visited October 2013
Glasgow
“Much, much better than I had expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Four of us went to the buffet today and before I went read some of the reviews below. That was a mistake!! I thought I was about to end up in the worst place imaginable and told myself I could eat when I got home if the food was as bad as some said. Either there is ANOTHER buffet of this name in this street (and there isn't!) or earlier reviewers went on a bad day, but for the four of us it was really good.... Not "exceptional" but really good.

We received a very friendly welcome as we went in from each member of staff we passed. Our waiter explained the food available and the system. I have been to quite a few buffets over the decades but have never met one before with so many options.A HUGE selection of starters, salads, main courses and deserts including Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Italian. I sampled quite a few...enough to be able to state categorically that the dishes were all hot and tasty.
I gave up trying to count all the options. The deserts were delicious with a large choice. All those around us (and there were many) all seemed to be enjoying the experience too judging by how many times they re-visited the hot plates! All the time the staff were removing plates, cleaning tables and sweeping under empty tables to keep it clean.

I kept thinking about those earlier reviews. What could be so different today compared to when THEY visited? I have no answer. All I know is that for £6 we ate a very large and very lovely lunch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Terrible food, the worst I ever had!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I and my partner went here to try the so called multi cusine buffet, of course its cheap eat, but thats no reason for the most appaling food we had to eat. We have been to most buffets in glasgow as well as many other towns and cities in many countries, and I have no doubt this has been by far the worst ever experience of eating out!! Terrible, just tasteless and awful - applies to almost every single dish I tasted. The starters were not good enough, the mains, esp indian and chinese tasted awful, including the pizzas which hardly had any toppings, the desserts were very few, and the fruits tasted like they were there from stone age. The only exception was fries !! I now know where not to go to eat. I'd definitey recommend any other buffet in glasgow.

On the plus side, the service was great, very attentive staff, buf unfortunately we won't be back.

• Visited September 2013