“Never going back! (Probs will but)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Slaters

Slaters
165 Howard Street, Glasgow G1 4HF, Scotland (City Centre)
0800 028 4632
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 31 shopping in Glasgow
Type: Specialty Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At Slaters we pride ourselves in the personal service and choice that we offer to our customers.At the heart of everything we do is an ethos that consistently places our customers’ needs first.We’re passionate about the shopping experience that we provide to our customer. From shirts and suits to Highlandwear and ladieswear, all of our clothes are made according to exacting standards for quality and are provided in a wide variety of colours and styles.Still run by the Slater family, our company is proud to have 23 stores nationwide including the Worlds Largest Menswear Store in Glasgow, each with its own team of tailors and seamstresses offering a free alterations service to all of our customers. Our service to customers is unique in that our highly trained staff are not paid commission. Their job is to make sure you get exactly what you want with the minimum of fuss.Come on in and find out what makes Slaters unique.
“Never going back! (Probs will but)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went in to get a suit for my prom and found a nice one, however it wasn't the right size so asked for help. Was told it was the only size and that they couldn't do anything about this, customer service was disgusting, offered no assistance and after telling us there was nothing they could do they just swaggered away. Very arrogant!

Visited May 2013
SlatersGlasgow, Marketing at Slaters, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

We firstly would like to apologise on behalf of our staff member, this is not the norm at Slaters as we pride ourselves on our customer service.

We are obviously very disappointed that you did not enjoy your shopping visit to our Glasgow Store and would be very interested in hearing your thoughts about your shopping experience.

We would be grateful if you could call our HR Manager, Steve Suttie on
0141 552 7171 to discuss further or alternatively, please email queries@slaters.co.uk providing your contact details and Mr Suttie will certainly give you a call to discuss further, as without customer feedback, we are unable to rectify any problems.

Regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lack of Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My parents went to obtain a kilt shirt for my birthday to go with the kilt that had been bought for me by wife at Slaters but found the representative not very helpful. In fact, they were told that they were in the wrong place and that there would be no kilt shirts in stock for several weeks so they went and bought one for me in MacGregor MacDuffs. They said the service there was excellent. Found this very disappointing as we have always found Slaters no.1 for service. I have still to buy a jacket for the kilt and I am wondering whether or not to go to MacGregor MacDuffs. My parents were so disappointed with Slaters on this occasion that they are going elsewhere to buy a cravat for the shirt probably to MacGregor MacDuffs.

Visited July 2013
SlatersGlasgow, Marketing at Slaters, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

Regrettably due to a supplier issue, our Victorian Collar Shirts (kilt shirts) have been out of stock since June. This was a company wide issue and not just with our Glasgow store.

We have however managed to re-source a new supplier and the new shirts arrived in our warehouse yesterday (Thursday 18th July) and are currently being distributed to our stores.

The new shirts are of outstanding quality and great value, priced at just £15 (compared to the £18 shirts previously)

We are obviously very disappointed that your parents did not enjoy their shopping visit to our Glasgow Store and we would be very interested in hearing their thoughts about their experience, could they email queries@slaters.co.uk providing their contact details and Mr Ross Mackay (Formal Hire Manager) will certainly give them a call to discuss further, as without customer feedback, we are unable to rectify any problems.

Thanks
48 attraction reviews
“A must for a boys first suit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Great shop where the prices are reasonable. Its always a treat she I buy a new suit for myself and I've bought everyone from here. Great service from the staff who are very professional and attentive. If your buying your son his first suit then this shops a must visit!!

SlatersGlasgow, Marketing at Slaters, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our Glasgow Store.

We were delighted to read that you were pleased with the service you received from us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and product knowledge, so to hear this about our store is fantastic.

Over the years we have seen many generations come into Slaters to purchase their first suit, this has been a tradition among many families with Slaters being their first protocol. When we speak to our customers they will also remember their first time shopping in our store and the famous "Quality Street" sweets that they have been offered.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our store, I will pass on your comments to Andy Beattie our Glasgow Store Manager and Paul Slater our Managing Director.

We hope to see you in one of stores again soon.

“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first visit to Slaters, and it certainly won't be the last.

The staff, as ever were efficient, friendly and helpful. I never felt pressured or crowded and being personally introduced to staff from different departments was a lovely touch.

The range of suits is second to none, and such was the level of quality and professionalism that I purchased a number of suits, shirts, ties and an overcoat. Far more than was originally intended.

The staff and management and Howard St should be commended for generating a truly terrific customer experience.

My only criticism is that after purchasing a good deal I was disappointed at being asked to pay more for suit bags, but this was not enough to take the shine off an otherwise flawless service.

SlatersGlasgow, Marketing at Slaters, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our Glasgow Store.

We believe that by introducing the member of staff when shopping in other departments is important as it adds a personal touch to our service and the shopping experience you receive.

We have took on board the suit carrier critic, if you email your full address to queries@slaters.co.uk we will be happy to send you a couple of Slaters suits carriers to your address.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our store, I will pass on your comments to Andy Beattie our Glasgow Store Manager and Paul Slater our Managing Director.

We hope to see you in one of stores again soon.

17 attraction reviews
“Good value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Needed a suit for a funeral .
The offer is £79 for suit shoes tie shirt.
Very good offer.
However the choice is limited yet still good value.
I choose a different suit deal total coat £96.
Again fabulous value for money.
I need a slight alteration on it to close the flaps at the back, this is free.
Sadly their was not a lot of jackets without the flaps, or i was not shown them.
The chap tells me that is the style now.
Not for me.

Many years ago i came in to shop and it was. Like the fast show . Suits you sir.
The staff were. Relentless hounding you.
Used to be men who never smiled. I never returned.

Thankfully now that is not the case , if anything i felt the were short of staff,the chap servingg me was also serving two other gentlemen. This was at 11am not peak time.

There Is a young blond girl in the shoe department who radiate happiness .
She is attentive kind and know's how to smile. Top service from her.
The simple things matter.eg giving my daughter a goody bag.

I will be back in as it does have some quality items.

SlatersGlasgow, Marketing at Slaters, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our Glasgow Store.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our store and we hope to see you in one of stores again soon.