“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #377 of 1,839 Restaurants in Glasgow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: New Tapas Restaurant that has opened within the restaurant area of the 1901 Pub in the southside of Glasgow
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I first went to la vida as a birthday treat from my sister in may this year. She wanted to do something different and I was looking forward to my first experience of tapas. I absolutely loved it, the food is absolutely delicious and I really enjoyed the atmosphere too. The service is rather slow as others have said, I myself enjoy a slower pace when eating, i enjoy having the time to talk and enjoy the food without being rushed however if a slower pace doesn't suit you, you might find yourself a bit frustrated. We have been back several times since our first visit and enjoy sampling new things from the menu. I don't enjoy seafood so choose other options, but there is something to suit everyone. Would highly recommend. We normally go on a Thursday night as they do a fiesta night that's slightly cheaper and is normally not as busy as he weekend. Definitely worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten more tapas in my time than I care to remember, the choice and value here was excellent. Staff were very friendly. Really enjoyed it and will be back

Visited July 2013
glasgow
“Pass the Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First time visit to this lovely restaurant. Couldn't really decide where to eat and plumped for this bar restaurant at lunchtime on 28 June 2013. Special offer 3 tapas with a glass of house wine £9.95. There is also an extended bar menu, with everything from fish and chips to tacos. Surroundings were comfortable, staff despite the fact that there were only to attending tables, were efficient, polite and the service was reasonably quick. Certainly would give it another visit, perhaps in the evening.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“La Vida - good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband for a voucher from Wowcher it was for 2 tapas, paella and a jug of sangria. I was dreading going as I have never had tapas and thought paella was all seafood (which I don't eat). We booked a table for 7.30pm on a Saturday night and when we arrived the waiter told us they were busy, not a problem we were not in a hurry. We were brought a basket of bread with oil and a jug of water and then kind of left, the service was slow but eventually they came and took our order, husband has mussels and I had beef with pepper sauce as the tapas and we ordered the chicken and beef paella and asked for our Sangria, it took them about 20 mins to bring the Sangria. When the food arrived I was really surprised and it was out of this world, my husband loves mussels and asked the waitress to give his compliments to the chef, my beef tapas was lovely also. The paella was massive and we could not finish it and as it was so good we asked if we could take it home and this was parceled up for us. All in all it was a good night and the good was great, I think they need to improve a bit on the service though

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A GREAT LUNCH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

First Visit to La Vida, went along for lunch. Had an ITISON voucher for 6 tapas and 2 large glasses of wine. Food and service were very good. Wine was 250ml unusual in a deal usually 175ml. Very nice red and rose. We bought another 2 glasses and 250ml was under £4.
It was quiet and waitress was very attentive. Spoke with the Manager who was very informative about future offers.

• 4 of 5 stars Food