“Boozy afternoon tea” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Boozy afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My friend and I chose the Cup Tea Lounge as the location for a relaxed catch-up -- and we made a good decision.

The welcome was warm and the venue is nicely furnished. There's a great selection of cocktails and teas to accompany the signature Afternoon Tea -- The Coconut Cream brew is recommended!

We opted for the afternoon tea with a glass of Prosecco. The food arrives quickly and the scones -- baked to order -- arrive a little later but that's fine because it means you pace yourself. The sandwich selection is good -- a smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel, roast chicken brioche and cucumber on white bread. The bagel could be ever-so-slightly warmer and softer but I am really in the realms on nit-picking here!

The scones were lovely and the cream and jam were good too; it's a nice touch to have them served by the baker, complete with hairnet! She, and the other staff, were very attentive and friendly.

A good selection of cakes tops things off and we opted to prolong our stay by getting stuck into the cocktail menu -- the apple and ginger mojito and the cuptorian mojito were both really good and reasonably priced.

We were having such a nice time we didn't realise we stayed beyond closing time, but the staff were very gentle and discreet and weren't in a hurry to throw us out.

Bag one of the comfy sofas in the corner if you can to add to the relaxed vibe.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited Cup Tea Lounge with a friend and her friend's young daughter. Great afternoon tea, with lots of extra touches to make it special, including the scones, which they don't bake until you order them!!

Was absolutely stuffed and didn't even get through all the yummy goodies on the top tier - and all for about £16 each. And the kiddies afternoon tea was perfect too.

I will be back for sure - maybe for a cocktail next time!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North West England
“Great afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited Cup Tea Lounge during a weekend stay in Glasgow for champagne afternoon tea as a treat for my mum's birthday. It was wonderful. The building has been rennovated in keeping with the old bank of india which previously occupied years ago and is lovely done with the old tiles and chandaliers but lovely comfortable seats and sofa's too.

The afteroon tea was delicious, we had a good choice of sandwiches (which could be changed on request), there were beautiful cupcakes, eclairs, macaroons, cheesecakes and shortbread and what was really impressive was that when you arrived they arranged for your scones (fruit and plain) to start baking in the oven so they were lovely and fresh and warm. A nice touch for summer was also a scoop of delicious ice-cream.

There were lots a goodies to indulge in but also a nice little take away box for the things you couldn't quite manage, so you didn't feel like you were leaving anything behind.

Would definitely recommend!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch or an after work cocktail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love this place. For some things it can be a little on the expensive side but it is well worth it. My friend, aunt, cousin and I all met for lunch and had their deal with soup, sandwich, tea and a cupcake for £9 which was very good value and the food is very good quality. I have previously been and had cocktails and a dessert on a Friday evening before which was lovely. I have also had their afternoon tea with my mum which is expensive but the sandwiches and cakes are lovely. They make very good cocktails with similar prices to surrounding bars and the desserts are beautiful. I also really liked the fact that you do not get rushed out the door when you finish eating, I have never been told that they need the table back. I think the best thing about this place is the atmosphere with the ornate tiles and the interesting art on the walls it is a perfect place for lunch with friends or to treat your mum to afternoon tea. I will definitely be going back.

Austin, Texas
“FANTASTIC - real traditional Scottish fare and hospitality in a stunning location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were visiting from Austin Texas (though formerly of Glasgow) and LOVE Cup - we made 3 reservation during our 3 week stay for lunch with friends and family (including children), it has become a dependable favourite. Food was GREAT (try the scones) and the service was friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Highly Recommended. Booked via Top Table (Open Table).