“Great afternoon tea!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
North West England
“Great afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited Cup Tea Lounge during a weekend stay in Glasgow for champagne afternoon tea as a treat for my mum's birthday. It was wonderful. The building has been rennovated in keeping with the old bank of india which previously occupied years ago and is lovely done with the old tiles and chandaliers but lovely comfortable seats and sofa's too.

The afteroon tea was delicious, we had a good choice of sandwiches (which could be changed on request), there were beautiful cupcakes, eclairs, macaroons, cheesecakes and shortbread and what was really impressive was that when you arrived they arranged for your scones (fruit and plain) to start baking in the oven so they were lovely and fresh and warm. A nice touch for summer was also a scoop of delicious ice-cream.

There were lots a goodies to indulge in but also a nice little take away box for the things you couldn't quite manage, so you didn't feel like you were leaving anything behind.

Would definitely recommend!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch or an after work cocktail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love this place. For some things it can be a little on the expensive side but it is well worth it. My friend, aunt, cousin and I all met for lunch and had their deal with soup, sandwich, tea and a cupcake for ÂŁ9 which was very good value and the food is very good quality. I have previously been and had cocktails and a dessert on a Friday evening before which was lovely. I have also had their afternoon tea with my mum which is expensive but the sandwiches and cakes are lovely. They make very good cocktails with similar prices to surrounding bars and the desserts are beautiful. I also really liked the fact that you do not get rushed out the door when you finish eating, I have never been told that they need the table back. I think the best thing about this place is the atmosphere with the ornate tiles and the interesting art on the walls it is a perfect place for lunch with friends or to treat your mum to afternoon tea. I will definitely be going back.

Austin, Texas
“FANTASTIC - real traditional Scottish fare and hospitality in a stunning location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were visiting from Austin Texas (though formerly of Glasgow) and LOVE Cup - we made 3 reservation during our 3 week stay for lunch with friends and family (including children), it has become a dependable favourite. Food was GREAT (try the scones) and the service was friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Highly Recommended. Booked via Top Table (Open Table).

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely Morning Tea…. Shame about the cupcakes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We got a voucher for morning tea from 5pm. The place is lovely, its like being on holiday when you walk in, very grand! The morning tea was really tasty and just enough to start the day, I really enjoyed the smoked salmon bagels. Staff were very friendly and as it was a warm day, they allowed us to have an iced tea, instead of the pot of tea, which we were very grateful for…… now for the cupcakes! With the voucher, we were to receive four cupcakes of our choice. They had already packed some boxes, so we accepted the ones they had packed….. we then headed home, and decided it was time for a lovely cupcake… and they were bone dry! Completely stale! They actually tasted like they were lying out all night! Or they were over baked. I must say, I would go back for lunch or breakfast, but I don’t think I would have another cupcake!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Paul-Cup-Scotland, Owner at Cup Tea Lounge, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hi

Thank you very much for the response and I am so delighted that you enjoyed your experience.

We are baking our cakes every day. The problem at the moment is that there is so much humidity in the air and this can dry the cake. I am sorry that they have let you down.

We have made 300,000 cupcakes over the past three years and had very few negative comments.

I am going to blame the heat this time!!! I have just checked all of my cakes today and all seem fine.

Regards

Paul
Scotland
“It has everything you would expect for a great afternoon tea, and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and I went here by chance after a bad experience at Willow Tea Rooms. We had the afternoon tea - they accommodated all requests for dietary requirements. There was a huge range of tea, amazing selection of cakes and excellent hot scones. Great atmosphere and spot on service. Exactly what you want for afternoon tea. We will definitely be back to sample more of their menu! Highly recommended