“May as well had slept in the station!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Glasgow

You added Jurys Inn Glasgow to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Glasgow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Jamaica Street, Glasgow G1 4QE, Scotland (Merchant City)   |
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“May as well had slept in the station!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The only good thing is the location. Right in the heart of the city. My room, 703 was over the railway line. Woken both mornings by the noise of the trains. Terrible. Breakfast poor quality and certainly not worth the £10.00 I paid.
Staff were friendly, room OK, clean. Shower not very powerful and I upgraded to a refurbished superior room. All in all, hotel is nothing to shout about. Just wanted to get some sleep!!!

Room Tip: Make sure it is away from the sound of the trains....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am really disappointed that your sleep was effected by noise. Our rooms on the station side are triple glazed to avoid these problems however there was clearly an issue on this occasion. I would be grateful if you would contact me direct to resolve the matter - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed for one night in June for the Robbie Williams concert. Fantastic hotel - very modern, rooms were clean and spacious and in a great location beside the river which was handy for us getting to Hampden Park.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast in the morning - lots of choice!
Would highly recommend staying here, and will be returning on our next visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the concert. The next time you are visiting Glasgow please feel free to contact me direct - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My stay at Jurys Inn Glasgow was a very short one due to my flight into Glasgow being delayed.

I arrived at the hotel at 1.30am and the guy at reception checked me in and advised he would check me into a nice, quiet room so I could get a good night's sleep.

The room itself was very nice. A comfortable bed, modern furnishings and a television with freeview is all I really look for and this room ticked all the boxes.

Unfortunately the room I was given completely contradicted what the receptionist promised me when I was woken at 7am by some very loud noises, only to open my window and find my room was directly outside a train station! Not the best alarm clock to say the least, especially when you have only had 5 hours of sleep!

The breakfast was nice and there was a good variety of hot and cold food available in the buffet.

Besides my 'rude awakening' in the morning, my stay at this hotel was short and sweet and I would be happy to stay here again providing I get given a better located room!

Room Tip: Unless you are waking up very early, make sure you are not given a room overlooking the train statio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. We are located right in the city centre which does mean there is train and traffic noise however the triple glazing should have blocked it out. If you are ever returning please let me know and we will make sure you receive a quite room - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
Gold Coast, Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few days ago, check in was a snap and the front of house staff were quick and efficient in the check in and let us get to the room a bit early which was nice.. Rooms are fairly generous for the UK, and beds were comfy, not too squishy, which really bothers my back. From the front door of the hotel it's moments to the main walking mall and shopping precinct, always a good thing if the weather goes off.
A couple of minor things, I wish the wifi came without charge and there was a more varied morning menu other than paying more than one might want for a breaks buffet. We ended up eating away from the place because of that. Plenty of places to get a bit of brekky around the place, but many people would be happy to demolish a buffet.
Otherwise, we were pleased with our stay and happy to repeat our time there.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that our breakfast offering did not suit, we really try to cater for everyone and even have a Costa Coffee outlet which offers something different. I hope you found somewhere sutiable nearby. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
argyll
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a disastrous start to our trip where we had to leave our first hotel because it was so bad the Jurys Inn was a welcome sight and we walked in off the street to be greeted by one of the politest members of staff ever. Great value at sixty-five pounds for a family room for three people. Our air conditioning wasn't working to start with but a quick call to maintenance resolved this.
Clean, value for money, nicely decorated and polite staff, can't really ask for much more can you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that we were able to help you out and that you enjoyed your stay. If you are ever returning please let me know - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I absolutley love this place. Iv always found it very welcoming and very nice to stay in. I have stayed here on most of my visits to Glasgow overnthe past 5 years no and will continue to for a very long time. My friends and I were in Glasgow for a night out last night and we were to stay at St Enochs Hotel. Cut a long story short... it was horrendous. So we left immediately and I told my friends about The Jurys Inn. Luckilly it was just around the corner so we thought we would chance our luck. We arrived at reception and was greeted by a lovely foreign lady with blonde hair. She smiled the whole time booked us in a 3 bedroom for £65. Great value and price. We told her our experience from the previous hotel and she even phoned us when we were in our room to see if we were satisfied with everything. Such a nice girl and I hope to see her again when we come back for our next visit. It was a lovely day and across the road is the Euro Hostel which has a bar so we were able to sit outside the hotel in the Sun with our drinks. Bonus :-)

• Stayed July 2013
irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on Saturday 6th July.

As we had an appointment at local hospital at 10am we arrived at 9ish expecting to drop off bags only, although to our delight the very pleasant receptionist didn't catch name sorry foreign light bobbed hair told us a room was free to check in. Further more for a mere £10 extra we could upgrade.

The room was lovely bright spotless with an amazing view of the river from the top eleventh floor.

The shower was excellent with lovely toiletries. The bed was comfy only complaint small for a double.

We never ate in hotel although bar area was lovely.

Hopefully will stay again soon. :)

• Stayed July 2013
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Glasgow, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that the team were able to check you in early. We always try our best to get our guests into their rooms early. If you are ever returning please let me know - barry_rowland@jurysinns.com. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Been to Jurys Inn Glasgow? Share your experiences!