“location, location, location…...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marks Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marks Hotel to your Saves list
Marks Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 2EN, Scotland (Formerly Bewley's Hotel) (City Centre)   |
Ranked #35 of 89 Hotels in Glasgow
Livingston, United Kingdom
“location, location, location…...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent choice for an overnight. Booked a room for one and got a lovely
room with both a double and a single bed and a couch. The room was spacious with the usual essentials; flat screen tv, tea/coffee, iron & board. Really central and quiet. Slight issue with the wi-fi but good choice otherwise with a good selection at breakfast.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GM_Marks, General Manager at Marks Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I was so glad to read that you consider us a good choice for an overnight stay.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Karen Burke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booked a room to share with 3 friends, had a great time. Room was spacious, double and 2 single beds and very comfy. We had a lovely time, shopping on hand and found staff very helpful, and great to get early check in. Will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sandra,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel again. I'm so pleased nothing has changed and you'll be back again.
Next time you're here please do ask for me, I'd be delighted to meet you all.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Rooms were really lovely, clean, spacious etc. My friend and I booked a twin room and were given a room with a single bed and a double bed!

Location is fantastic. So close to shops, shopping centres, bars and restaurants.

They have a strange booking system and we had a little issue with payment. As we booked online it told us the payment would be taken immediately. When we arrived we were asked for the payment again. As the payment was made using my friends dads credit card we had no way to check if the payment had come out. The reception refused to let us check into our room without taking a card for security payment purposes, even though I had an email confirming the payment had been taken. I reluctantly gave my card over. This caused a lot of hassle as we had to ring home for her dad to phone his bank to see if the payment had come out.

We were not apologised to just informed that they had a problem with the website booking system and I was informed that the lady who sent me the confirmation email no longer worked for the company so it meant nothing. I said I only booked it two weeks in advance!

None the less we had a great trip to Glasgow. For the location I would use this hotel again. I would just be a bit more aware of payments made to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay in Glasgow and that you would use the hotel again.
I'm so sorry there was such confusion over your payment. We do have a couple of newer employees on reception who may not have understood the booking correctly, I will look in to this and ensure my front office manager carries out some further training if need be.
Thank you for pointing this out.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice place and good location. Good italian restaurant around.

Wifi not working in every room. I think it's important to mention it, because many hotel proclaim having wifi in the room and too many time it's not true. They kindly offers another room with wifi, but it was still on and off sometime. And the rooms with the wifi are a bit noisy.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Good night sleep. Tea and coffee. No fridge. Big bathroom, and they provide conditioner with the shampoo !!! First time a see this in a hotel since 3 months. Surprise, the breakfast was free and very good, but it stop a 9:30, a bit early. Staff was friendly and helpful .

From and to the airport it is easy. Take the bus 500. We took it at the Buchanan station, less than 10 min walk from the hotel. It was fast and easy, there is a bus every 10 minutes. The stop is easy to find at the airport, next the taxi.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
I'm so sorry you experienced difficulty with our Wi Fi, this should indeed be available for free and in all of our rooms. We have recently invested in a new system and I'll ensure the faults you mention are logged and dealt with.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Husband had booked this for Saturday night as we were attending a show at SECC. Very friendly and efficient reception staff both when checking in and out. We upgraded to a sky room - room was fab, very comfortable and very central for shops, bars etc etc. Breakfast was good on the Sunday - choice of continental/hot buffet - hot buffet kept me going for most of the day. Would stay here again

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I'm delighted you consider us to be a good choice and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Kind Regards
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Its a great location to go shopping and to be in the centre of things. We walked the 30 minuets to the SECC. We also walked back at night too because we could not be bothered to wait for a taxi. The hotel is clean and well presented and my only complaint would be that they have bigger beds. Im used to a kingsize bed at home so a normal double feels small. Ive put value at good but there is a Premier Inn and I think a Holiday Inn around the corner so you may want to check out prices.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I was pleased to read that in general you had a good stay although I'm sorry the standard double bed was a drawback for you.
I do hope the next time you're in Glasgow you choose to stay with us again because of the good value and not one of the other hotels you suggest.
Argyll
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Arrived at 10.30am to drop luggage off and extremely friendly and helpful receptionist told us we could check-in which was great. So off to the shops we headed. Hotel is ideally situated for a spot of retail therapy but also for the cinema and theatre - which was where we were heading in the evening - an easy 10 minute walk to the Kings theatre.

We booked for dinner and had the two courses and bottle of wine for £29.95 which was fantastic value for money and the food was excellent.

Breakfast in the morning was good. A good selection of cereals, fresh fruit, toast croissants and pastries. Hot buffet had good choices too. Would prefer to have been offered a pot of tea or coffee as had to ask for top-ups.

All in all a good stay and we will def be bak.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had a great stay and will definitely be back.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Karen Burke.

Been to Marks Hotel? Share your experiences!