“Very pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 91 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here for an event at the hydro. Its was soo soo convenient for the concert as it is literally across the road!! (1 min walk!) Perfect for going to something there or SECC. Staff were very nice and check in was very quick which is what we needed! Recommend taking pillows or asking staff for more as they were really small and not enough to support head when sleeping. But the room was fine and great for what we paid. Would stay here again when going to one of the above veneues!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Booked this hotel for the night of the Michael Bublé concert at the SSE Hydro.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and the shower was good.

Pre theatre was good value for money.

Breakfast was disorganised chaos. Wait for a table, hot food unavailable. Poor.

Overall, £130 a bit pricy for what was offered.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Largs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight for Michael Buble concert. Booked twin room which was £130 via booking.com arrived at hotel, east booking in though not what i would call friendly just business like, not very talkative, sign this form then if you want dinner better to book, then directions to room! Room was small (room 14) with shower only but very clean. There was only two small bath towels, i phoned reception just after 5pm to ask for 2 hand towels to be told they don't have hand towels so i requested two more bsth towels and was told i would have to get them later....daughter had already used the towels so i couldnot get a shower before the concert! On way out to the concert i asked male receptionist that two towels be there for when i return as i had already asked for them- he said they are always given after the concert! Err why? I came back from fantastic concert to find ONE TOWEL on the bed! Had horrible nights sleep thanks to medical condition then while getting ready just before 9am heard a knock at door and just as i got to the door, the house keeper was opening the door! I asked what time check out was and was told 12 o'clock?? Is this normal for this hotel? Surely there is a system in place so they know when the room has been vacated! Not happy and will not be returning. FOR 130 POUNDS I EXPECT BETTER AND ESPECIALLY EXPECT TWO TOWELS WHEN ASKED FOR within a reasonable time frame.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here whilst attending an event at the SECC, mainly very enjoyable although next time I will take my own pillows (its me I prefer my own pillows). The staff were extremely helpful and told us how to get to the SECC building easily without having to move our car to the car park for the venue.
Perhaps the shower door could have been a little wider but again, personal preference. For the price paid we enjoyed it although I personally wouldn't want the cooked breakfast as I prefer one that is freshly cooked to order. It was reasonably priced and I have paid more for much worse rooms in supposedly better hotels.
We'd certainly stay there again when visiting the SECC as it is so convenient.
I was impressed at how quiet it was during the night, my sleep only being affected by lack of my own pillows.
We soon found the heating controls which we turned to our preference and the room warmed up pretty quickly

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here recently for an event being held at the SECC. Check-in took ages, longest I've ever waited. When I arrived at the room I was rather disappointed at the lack of space. We had the pull out bed as well as the main bed and it left no room at all. Ok for just one evening. I found the bed uncomfortable so I didn't have a great sleep. Breakfast next morning was a little disappointing, only 4 cereals to choose from. Ideal location for the SECC but I think next time I would book another budget hotel. Perfectly adequate but better out there.

Stayed March 2014
Largs, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Room not heated, kettle looks as if eggs had just been boiled in it. The bathroom was so cold you couldn't even get washed. You would need to have been a polar bear to get dressed in here.

Would have left but for the fact my child had fallen asleep.

Staff were very nice but after raising the issue with customer services online 4 times I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. I would not stay here again or recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Good location but freezing cold room in December not suitable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Campanile, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Campanile Glasgow SECC.

I am sorry to hear you found your room to be cold and the kettle was not to your satisfaction. Each of our rooms have their own heater and this is controlled by the guest.

I am disappointed to hear you opted to speak to customer services online rather than speak to our team on reception who would have sorted the issue for you. However I would like to apologise you did not receive a response.

I would like to assure you this is not normal for us and as such, I would urge you to give us another chance to show you this. Should you reconsider, I would recommend booking direct with the hotel to receive the best rate available.

Kind Regards;

Kevin L
Campbeltown, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed for 1 night while going to a concert at Hydro - great location for this and secc. Walking distance to city centre and west end also. Rooms were small but clean and more than adequate. Had good shower, tv, hairdryer and kettle.

Free and plentiful parking. Free wifi. Fast and friendly service.

We didn't eat at restaurant but it looked nice and reasonable prices. We ate at nearby rotunda which was lovely.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_Campanile, Manager at Campanile Glasgow, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear elainemcgeachy,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay, and found the facilities to meet your needs.

We offer very reasonable prices in our restaurant and with the menu changing this week, I hope you will dine with us on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards;

William Furie
Management Team

Been to Campanile Glasgow? Share your experiences!