What a let down this is for a Holiday Inn. Rooms small and in need of updating. Smaller than many Holiday Inn Express hotels. Comments by managment that this is full service hotel and therefore why it is more expensive is absolute drivel. The bar and the restaurant should pay for themselves - espacially at their prices.
I normally wait a while to post any comments on line. But I stayed here last week and find myself here again. I will be visting Glasgow for the next two years and want to find something better than this. Last Thursday - ignored by bar staff. Restaurant shares bar, but bar staff won't provide you with a menu - got a menu myself, ignored by restuarant staff - made the decision for me. Not too difficult to leave the rank house red on the bar and find somewhere else.
Given a smaller room tonight. For some reason the sofa bed was made up. On checking the bathroom it stank of stale urine. Time for a room change - but that cost extra to get a larger room.
Tonight different staff, same answer to menu question, but delivered more politely. Tried restaurant. Several different staff all rushing around, can't see why when there were less than 10 tables occupied. Lost track of the different faces appearing at my table - not exactly personel service. Second glass of wine so slow in arriving I had finished my meal so sent it back (And I was not the only one to suffer that). Final insult - service charge added to the bill! Food was good though.
I have stayed in a lot of IHC group hotels and this is certainly among the worst for delivering service in its bar and restaurant. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful but need to careful in fobbing people off with some of the things they say.
Can't really see why you would stay here when you can stay next door for less money in better rooms. Oh so they don't have baths - big deal. Staying next door has to be more pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in heart of the city's Theatreland; a perfect base from which to explore the many tourist attractions of central Scotland or enjoy the shopping in Glasgow which is some of the best in Europe outside of London. The hotel benefits from a central location close to the M8 motorway and within walking distance of both Glasgow's rail and bus stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City Centre Theatreland Scotland